Duratouch coming off??

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Duratouch coming off??

Postby jcz » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:28 am

I have had a browning gold for about ten years now. I use it for deer, ducks, and turkey. I has seen a good amout of use but I do a good job of taking care of it. The duratouch coating has started to rub off on the stock. The forearm is still holding on good. The stock has spots that is is rolling up into little sticky lumps. It is getting to the point that it feels like my hand is glued to it when I grab it.

What is the best way to correct this problem. Is there something I can use to remove the coating?
jcz
hunter

Re: Duratouch coming off??

Postby ajmorell » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:29 pm

Call browning. I have a Winchester with the dura and last time i called they offered to re dip it for free

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby 3200 man » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:59 pm

Bug spray will take the duracoating off , so will carberator cleaner .
3200 man
hunter

Postby Lost-N-Camo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:08 pm

when removing the dura touch with carberator cleaner will it damage the synthetic stock
Lost-N-Camo
Newb

Postby 3200 man » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:24 am

I've had my Gold for 8 years now and with the use of bug spray in the field and carb cleaner when cleaning the action and
trigger group , I see no damage to the stock or forearm but ,the DuraCoat is gone around the pistol grip and other places that
touch my skin . I'm sure there are better products to use , to take-off the DuraCoat .
3200 man
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum