Duck Hunting Forum banner

Early Mossberg 500 12 ga single action slide

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  caveman70 
#1 ·
I just found this forum and realized that my last post in classifieds was in the wrong place.

Does anybody have an early Mossberg 500 12 gauge single arm action slide? Mine broke the first shot on a bird Sunday and I am in need of a fix. My gun is a pre 1968 12 gauge pump with the single bar slide 7 5/8". Let me know if you have any parts or even a parts gun. Thank You.

#2 ·
On this same note... I would like your opinions on a situation with the shop I purchased this gun from. I traded another gun for this old Mossberg. Took it to the trap range and over the course of 4 outings, put 6 boxes of light trap loads through it. Single shot only. On the first box, the extractor would not work, took it back ot the shop and they sold me the parts for $25 and I fixed it myself. Now I have less than 8 boxes total through this gun and the single action arm broke in half at the bolt on my first shot on Quail. I took it back to them and told them that they sold me a gun that was already in non working condition, and that it broke again after only a few boxes of field loads. They just told me it's a old gun, and proceded to charge me $50 to fix it.

I have been frequenting this shop for 12 years, buying flyfishing/ flytying goods, clothing, firearms, etc. and have been sending everybody I know their way. Now to be treated like this is just surprinsing.

What would you do? I just payed and left, probably never to return again, which is sad because they have always been a good group of people.

Thanks for the feedback.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.