BPS aftermarket stocks

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

BPS aftermarket stocks

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:31 pm

If any of you guys shoot a BPS Stalker and don't like the stock dimensions I would highly recommend the aftermarket set made by Bell & Carlson. They use the dimensions of the older wood stocked guns. The wrist/grip area is shorter than the factory synthetic set so my thumb is bit closer to the safety switch, which is nice because before it was a longer reach than what I was used to on my double barreled guns. My favorite part though is that the comb angle is much more flat so the gun slides past my face rather that slamming into it. It made it much more comfortable when touching off 3.5 inch shells.

I did have to inlet a hole into the face of the stock where it meets the receiver. Apparently, to accommodate the longer throw on the 3.5 inch guns there is a part of the bolt that protrudes through the rear of the action when it comes all the way back. A few minutes with a dremmel fixed it. The front stock is a bit shorter than the original one but I didn't notice it in the field. And finally, the length is a tad to long but that is an easy fix.

All in all I'd say it is one of the best mods/upgrades I've done to any of my shotguns......and if anybody is wanting a set of the factory synthetics, I'm open to offers and trades. :lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum