benelli sbe 2 ejector problem

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

benelli sbe 2 ejector problem

Postby satguy1963 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Been having a problem with my benelli ejecting spent rounds. The hull hangs up pointing straight out and jamming. I pull it out and the bolt closes feeding a new round. Any ideas?
satguy1963
hunter

Re: benelli sbe 2 ejector problem

Postby Dbishop311 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:41 am

Mine stovepipes with 3" Hevi Metal hulls only. Any other shells its fine. Suggest trying a different shell. Something is causing it, either the gun or the round your shooting. If it is the gun and you figure it out I'd be interested to see waht you did. :thumbsup:
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby satguy1963 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:51 am

Dbishop311 wrote:Mine stovepipes with 3" Hevi Metal hulls only. Any other shells its fine. Suggest trying a different shell. Something is causing it, either the gun or the round your shooting. If it is the gun and you figure it out I'd be interested to see waht you did. :thumbsup:

I was shooting kents and switched to black cloud. It worked fine for 2 boxes of shells and started again. I disassembled the entire gun and cleaned it like I did 2 boxes of shells ago. I test fired it this morning with 6 kents and no problems. Beats me whats goin on. I will let you know.
satguy1963
hunter

Postby PungoShoresOutdoors » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:02 pm

My SBEII has very rarely had ejection problems, every time it has it has been because of something in the recoil spring tube. I clean the tube and spring, problems go away. Its not often stuff gets in there, but when it does, it can cause problems. Try cleaning the gun, the recoil assembly in particular, and see if it helps.
PungoShoresOutdoors
hunter

Postby rerhardt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:05 pm

if its cold, under 35 degrees use VERY little oil and only use clp, this may help alot, you would not believe it but its true, not in all cases but maybe something to try first
rerhardt
hunter

Postby geordie tom » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:09 pm

Look at the recoil spring and tube, clean it totaly before you buy anything, Your spring could be ok, my spring was at fault but over lubrication it turned out was not helping things.
geordie tom
hunter

Postby dukhntr » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:24 am

My old faithful SBE did the same thing today. This gun has thousands and thousands of rounds through it. It stove piped after having the champer area polished and sanded frome excess wear. I am wondering if I have a weak ejector spring too. It was 7 degrees this morning, and the action was fine. However, the guy who refurbed the chamber used militec instead of breakfree and I wonder if that's why? Cause he saoked the ejectore spring with militec instead of breakfree??? Anyways, benelli should include breakfree with all thier new guns. It's much better then the factory crap they sell with them....
dukhntr
State Moderator

Postby njonesy_07 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Interesting problem, however I've read some reports of the same issue.

I shoot a Benelli M2 Field, so from my limited experience with the M2's "Big Brother" take my suggestions for what it is worth....

If I began having stovepipes or cycling issues similar to what you have described, I would take a good look at the recoil spring assembly, beginning with a solid cleaning and Breakfree CLP. Its a wonder what a good lubricant and a cleaned recoil assembly will do for you! :thumbsup:
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Postby william costa » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:16 pm

:yes: what jonesy said.
william costa
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum