Gun Kote

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Gun Kote

Postby dklaus1201 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:26 pm

Has anyone had experience with gun kote? http://www.camo-solutions.com/gun-kote/ . I'm looking into getting this done in the off season to my 3901.
dklaus1201
hunter

Re: Gun Kote

Postby fishduck » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:04 pm

I used Gun Kote on my old beat up, painted 870. The hard part was stripping the old coats of paint off. The Gun Kote has held up better then any other finishes I have ever used. I will be using it in the future. I coated the receiver in black and the barrel in olive green.

Good luck,
Fishduck
fishduck
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:03 am

I use gun kote all the time. Have done probably 30 or more 1100's and 1187's with it and it works great. Cost about $20 and couple of hours of your time. Media blast the parts, warm them in the oven, (using powder free / clean rubber gloves) hang them up and give a very light mist coat/ I use a heat gun between coats to keep the parts warm. then keep applying FINE coats until you have complete coverage. let stand 30 min and then bake in the oven. this stuff runs very easily. so again, keep the parts warm and apply fine coats, You will have a great looking gun that will not rust when your finished.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckslayer74 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:23 am

I had my M2 barrel done after Christmas last year, Camouflage solutions had a fast turn around. It looked like a factory coating and now I'm thinking of having my X3 done.
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum