Tristar Youth Raptor 20G

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Tristar Youth Raptor 20G

Postby hunt-chessies » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:31 am

So "SANTA" dropped off a Tristar Raptor youth 20G for my boys the other day. I got to playing with it and i can not for the life of my figure out the secret to pulling the bolt handle out so i can remove the bolt and trigger assy.... anyone know how?? no You tube videos i can find on it. other wise seems like a simple shotgun. Shoots pretty nice other than it wont cycle dove loads yet, but i haven't gotten it all the way apart to get the greese out either
Proudly owned by "HR A hunters dream of Westwind JH"

I quote HNTFSH ****Hunting is a form of training but not the first wave of it. *****
hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Tristar Youth Raptor 20G

Postby mequain » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:49 am

I think with the forearm off you can push the slide down (the one over the magazine tube) to a certain point and you can pull out the bolt handle and then everything should slide out the front.
Bustin da hell out dem ducks
mequain
hunter

Tristar Youth Raptor 20G

Postby mequain » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:04 am

Did this help?
Bustin da hell out dem ducks
mequain
hunter

Re: Tristar Youth Raptor 20G

Postby daffy... » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:29 am

i had the viper. you have to push in the bolt release if i remember right, or magizine dock button. youll feel dumb when it pops out. just cant remember which button it was.

check youtube. if you cant find it under the tristar there simular berettas with the same bolt assembly

*EDIT* just kidding you just have to take the pressure off the bolt and pull out the charging handle. hopefully the build is the same as the viper. the one in the video is the newer model. i had the first generation and i could have sworn there was a button you had to push

BTW i really loved my viper when i got it. it had magical powers, i would fold birds on any flight path and anything in 50 yards, i was unstopable with that gun. didnt last to long with all the abuse i put it threw, back then they were 350 new so i was considering buying a few and just hammaring on them. ended up sending it to the factory twice in one month. the last time they bought it back cus they hadnt seen the damage i did to the trigger blasting a box of black cloud on a 90 deg day
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum