Burris speed bead

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Burris speed bead

Postby Freezer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:38 pm

I felt the best way to enhance my duck hunting experience would be to shoot more ducks. I wear glasses and in the marsh that's a bummer. I figured a speed bead would help. First I will never do business with Burris ever again. Their idea of customer service stinks. After many phone calls I finially got one for my gun so they said for $100 more than you could but it for another model shotgun. When I did get it it was wrong and damaged my reciever. They refused to refund my money or pay for the repair of my gun but offered me store credit. I buy Leupold. I finialy got the right one and installed it. I did had some trouble getting it right but finially got it right. It work well on the range but not in the marsh. It foged up all day long. I missed at least five ducks because I couldn't see them through the fog. They advertised it for waterfowl but it doesn't work. When it rained it got worse. The damn thing isn't water proof. I haven't decided how to handle this yet but I think Dennis with Burris wil be comming to California to answer some questions on why they recomend this for waterfowl. They use the same system for pistol and shotguns recomending it for turkey hunting but if it fogs up ....

Don't waste your time and money on a Speed Bead or any Burris product, their customer service sucks.
Freezer
hunter

Re: Burris speed bead

Postby dsm16428 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:03 am

You are quite literally the FIRST person I have ever seen to say this. It sounds to me like you simply goofed on the install (ordered the wrong part to begin with?) and now want them to pay for your mistakes. What gun were you trying to mount it to? Did you try to force the split pin into the back of the receiver? Why would you call Burris directly to buy it when there are so many retailers that carry the item in the first place? I wear glasses and knock the crap out of birds, with or without my speed bead mounted so not sure what your glasses have to do with it. You then say you bought a luepold and got it to fit??? Didn't know they made a sight that mounted like the SB?? I know they made their own version of it, but it was no where near as popular as the burris model. I have owned a number of Burris products and sold them for almost a decade and though I never once had an issue with any of their products, I can tell you that the very few times my customers did, Burris took care of them post haste and with a smile. Sounds like sour grapes to me.
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum