pachmayr decelerator recoil pad. NEED HELP!!!

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

pachmayr decelerator recoil pad. NEED HELP!!!

Postby butte7 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:58 pm

Hi, i bought a used p beretta s686 about a year ago. Just about a month ago the stock started wiggling and now it's completely fallen off. The screw that's internally in the stock became loose and wiggled off so now i need to take off the recoil pad to screw the stock back on. One problem though, the recoil pad won't come off. It's a pachmayr recoil pad and I found the two screw holes and got those out but the recoil pad still wont come off. I've tried about everyting but it's stuck tight. Is there a trick to getting them off or something?
butte7
hunter

Re: pachmayr decelerator recoil pad. NEED HELP!!!

Postby orphanedcowboy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:09 am

Put it in the freezer, leave it an hr or so, the 2 different properties will cause them to seperate, if not, a simple rap on the counter should break it loose
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Re: pachmayr decelerator recoil pad. NEED HELP!!!

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:36 am

I have found a few that people had used RTV and glued them on in an attempt to keep out moisture when they dip the stock in the water. you might have to go as far as using a very thin knife like a carpet knife and cut between the stock and pad or pry it off. You can even use a pair of large channel locks and grip it at the plastic base and pull it off but tape the stock first to prevent any damage to it.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum