Beretta Extrema II wont fire ...BRAND NEW!!!

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Beretta Extrema II wont fire ...BRAND NEW!!!

Postby matt-stark00 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:08 pm

I just got a new in the box Extrema II for a bonus at work, I have tried to fire it 3 diff times and figured out the firing pin isnt hitting the primer, cant even see the pin pop when you dry fire it. I took it to where it came from and they dont even know how to work on the damn thing. They did put a allen wrench in the pin hole and fired it and the wrench hit the ceiling!!! So of course he said it was good. They are a half rate gun dealer and not really a smith. I just mad!!! Big guided hunt for ducks this weekend and it doesnt fire. We only have 2 weeks of season left, and wanna hunt with it. May just go trade it. Any help?
matt-stark00
Newb

Re: Beretta Extrema II wont fire ...BRAND NEW!!!

Postby johnmoses » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:42 pm

Read the manual take it apart and CLEAN IT especially around firing pin. May have grease packed in it. Don't trade it. It is a good gun

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
johnmoses
hunter

Postby matt-stark00 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:19 pm

Thanks for the advice. Im really excited about owning the gun just killing me not being able to use it. Im trying to find possible solution ...quick fixes if possible before I send it off. Trying the cleaning but having trouble removing bolt and trigger mech , girlfriends asleep and its dark. lol
matt-stark00
Newb

Postby bull64 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:15 am

Are you letting the bolt slam forward when you load a round into the chamber? It almost sounds like the bolt is not closing fully.
bull64
hunter

Postby william costa » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:44 pm

thats what it sounds like to me.bolt not closing all the way and rotary lugs not fully locked.load a shell into chamber then presss bolt release let the bolt slam shut locking.dont eas it forward with hand let it slam and see if it will fire!.
william costa
hunter

Postby matt-stark00 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:29 pm

Fixed it finally!!! I checked the O-ring in the arm again with a light and found it out of place!!!! Missed it before!!! Thank you guys for trying to help!!! I get to hunt in the morning with it and we are covered up with ducks and its the last 2 weeks!! 36 out of our pit this morning and I missed it. Thanks again.
matt-stark00
Newb

Postby AccuracyBYvolume » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:36 pm

That damn o-ring got me too. The other o-ring in the gas cylinder might give you some trouble too. The one on mine would burn, or deteriorate, or something? It would make it really dirty in the gas cylinder. I ended up just throwing the gas cylinder o-ring out, runs fine with out it. FYI.

Great gun, I love it. Especially in the salt water, thing is so resistant to corrosion it is just awesome.
AccuracyBYvolume
hunter

Postby njonesy_07 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:40 am

Glad you fixed it. :thumbsup:

My initial response was going to be, "Did you make sure the firing pin was installed?" :lol3:
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum