benelli supernova trouble

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

benelli supernova trouble

Postby huntman » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:25 am

Im having trouble with my supernova that i only use duck hunting and probably has a case of shells through it. The problem is when i pull the trigger the gun will click the firing pin will hit barely hit the primer ill try the same shell over and over then place a new one and it will usually fire then i place the 1st shell back and it fires, it makes no sense. all i can think is firing pin trouble but want confirmation. Also i have cleaned the gun 100% every where but the trigger will get locked in the firing position and i have to pull it back to be able to shoot again any suggetions?
Head down, Eye on the target
huntman
hunter

Re: benelli supernova trouble

Postby MarkM » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:08 am

Are you closing it all the way? Slam it closed. I haven't had this problem with the 3 I have.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby Major Woods » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Put no lube on the firing pin it's chrome plated and will not rust, just clean it with solvent and wipe dry. I have seen this a couple times with other peoples guns and have cleaned it for them as described above, problem solved.

The trigger sticking back is also a known issue. It results from the cross pin (pin that holds the trigger inside the trigger assembly) becomes rusty or dirty causing internal binding of of the trigger. I actually had this issue on my old Nova several years back, pin was rusted on the inside where you could not see it.
Thousands on the boat.
Hundreds on decoys.
Time away from the wife....priceless
Major Woods
hunter

Postby huntman » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:43 pm

Thanks i will definitely regroup
Head down, Eye on the target
huntman
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum