Problems with mag extension

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Problems with mag extension

Postby redneck allstar » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:50 pm

I need help!!! I'm leaving in 3 days for a snow goose trip. I just installed a choate magazine extension to my mossberg 935. It is the 9+1. It seems as if the spring is binding when I fully load my gun. I've also had some issues with the shell ejecting from the magazine. It seems as if there is too much tension on the sprIng. I'm thinking about cutting the spring down. Any suggestions?
redneck allstar
hunter

Re: Problems with mag extension

Postby War Wagon » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:17 pm

Was this the spring that came with the mag extension ? Call the mfg before you cut anything.
War Wagon
hunter

Re: Problems with mag extension

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:39 am

you did use the spring and the long orange follower that came withthe extension, Right? with all magazine extensions, Especially longer ones I like to install them and then leave the magazine fully loaded for a couple of weeks to set the spring. Choate recommends that if you are going to store the gun with the magazine loaded you get 2 springs and periodically switch them out so that they do not get too weak.

I would not cut the spring. it will weaken a bit with use.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum