Remington Versa Max plug removal

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Remington Versa Max plug removal

Postby Scotty64 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:16 pm

I have a Remington Versa Max that was recently sent to the factory for the loose fore stock and cycling issues. Anyway, I was going to take the magazine plug out to go snow goose hunting and cannot get the new magazine retainer out to get to the plug. Can anyone help me on this matter of how to get it out????
Scotty64
hunter

Re: Remington Versa Max plug removal

Postby MarkM » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:38 pm

Scotty64 wrote:I have a Remington Versa Max that was recently sent to the factory for the loose fore stock and cycling issues. Anyway, I was going to take the magazine plug out to go snow goose hunting and cannot get the new magazine retainer out to get to the plug. Can anyone help me on this matter of how to get it out????

http://bit.ly/WRYLSC

First one, then go to page 14
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:13 pm

MarkM wrote:
Scotty64 wrote:I have a Remington Versa Max that was recently sent to the factory for the loose fore stock and cycling issues. Anyway, I was going to take the magazine plug out to go snow goose hunting and cannot get the new magazine retainer out to get to the plug. Can anyone help me on this matter of how to get it out????

http://bit.ly/WRYLSC

First one, then go to page 14

:lol3:
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby Bo Beaver » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:55 pm

Awesome...
"Fear and dread of you shall be upon the beasts of the earth, and the fowl of the air, all that moves upon the earth, and all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. Every moving thing that lives shall be meat for you." Gen9:2
Bo Beaver
hunter

Postby Scotty64 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Ok assume you mean go page one then page 14. Call me simple but a little more help would be great. If anyone has taken the plug out can you walk me through the steps
Scotty64
hunter

Postby MarkM » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Scotty64 wrote:Ok assume you mean go page one then page 14. Call me simple but a little more help would be great. If anyone has taken the plug out can you walk me through the steps

It shouldn't be any different than doing it in any other shotgun.

I use a butter knife or a flathead screwdriver and remove the crimped ring at the end of the tube and then remove the plug.

I'm sure the owners manual shows you that on page 14.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby The Drake » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:40 pm

MarkM wrote:
Scotty64 wrote:Ok assume you mean go page one then page 14. Call me simple but a little more help would be great. If anyone has taken the plug out can you walk me through the steps

It shouldn't be any different than doing it in any other shotgun.

I use a butter knife or a flathead screwdriver and remove the crimped ring at the end of the tube and then remove the plug.

I'm sure the owners manual shows you that on page 14.

Not even close..... :no: ....WOW !!!
The Drake
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:20 am

Yep, you get a LOT of smart A$$e$ on here that do not have an appropriate answer but just want to post something. I would think that you have already looked at the manual before posting the question and would not need a link to it.

The ones I have seen are pretty much the same as a newer 1187 where it is a plastic plug with a slot in the top. I just use my finger and push it in about 1/2" and turn 1/4 turn and let it back out. it is captured buy nubs on tom and bottom of the tube. If you ever want to install a magazine extension you have to drill these out and then smooth them on the inside with a rotery tool so that the rounds will slide past them into the extension. sometimes the spring retainer is a bit hard to push in (tight) and of course they will not push in with the magazine loaded. :beer:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum