What did i screw up this time?

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

What did i screw up this time?

Postby Duck Collector » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:04 pm

So i grabed my shotgun earlier and pushed the button to close the breach and this little thingamujig fell out and i dont know what it it. Looks like it could be a problem.
Gun is a stoger 2000
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360969264.924766.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360969280.747620.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360969297.081904.jpg
it came from a little slide thingy that covers that little hole on the left side of the breach.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360969359.896987.jpg
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Re: What did i screw up this time?

Postby orphanedcowboy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:35 am

Ejector is what I think it is, just based on location. From the looks of it, it is probably riveted on, I don't know, I only owned one for a short period of time and never got deep into the gun.

See if you can't find a schematic, otherwise a phone call to their service department is in order.

Edit, it is the ejector, the silver piece should have a spring behind it and it installs with the chamfered hole towards the muzzle.
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:11 am

That is definately the ejector. Fits into the receiver opposite the opening and is held in place by a short tapered screw. you will need to either order the screw from Stoeger or possibly Brownells. a small dab of locktite when you put it back in and you will be good to go. OR look around your floor for the very tiny screw :yes:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Duck Collector » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:26 am

Alright thanks guys, ill probably end up just ordering a new one.
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:32 pm

Call Benelli and they will send you a new screw in the mail. If you have a Stoeger, Franchi, or Benelli you need to keep their number on speed dial! :thumbsup:
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:59 pm

Is it supposed to be bent alittle or did i bend it?
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:16 am

it looks fine from the pictures, just put it back in and see how it functions. My son has a 2000 we picked up about 8 years ago. It has been fantastic thru mud, ice ,rain and lack of cleaning :mad: . Probably 5000 + rounds thru it with not one issue so I wouldnt worry too much about a screw that you lost. Just replace it and keep on shooting. :thumbsup:

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-613694.html

All Soteger owners, make sure to read the last post of the above referenced thread

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby dsm16428 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:32 am

Cujo1 wrote:Call Benelli and they will send you a new screw in the mail. If you have a Stoeger, Franchi, or Benelli you need to keep their number on speed dial! :thumbsup:

Gotta love the haters..not. :no:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:40 pm

dsm16428 wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:Call Benelli and they will send you a new screw in the mail. If you have a Stoeger, Franchi, or Benelli you need to keep their number on speed dial! :thumbsup:

Gotta love the haters..not. :no:

Not a hater, just fact. It is the only gun manufacturer number in my phone. Bolt will fall out and get lost next :thumbsup:
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby rg732122 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Same type of extractor Benelli uses but to make it cheaper they went with one screw to hold it in instead of two.
rg732122
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:17 am

rg732122 wrote:Same type of extractor Benelli uses but to make it cheaper they went with one screw to hold it in instead of two.

That is the Ejector not the extractor :thumbsup:

I have a gun company on speed dial on my shop phone but it starts with "R" and it is not Rossi :yes:

waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Cujo1 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:28 pm

waterfowlhunter wrote:
rg732122 wrote:Same type of extractor Benelli uses but to make it cheaper they went with one screw to hold it in instead of two.

That is the Ejector not the extractor :thumbsup:

I have a gun company on speed dial on my shop phone but it starts with "R" and it is not Rossi :yes:

:yes: They all break, its just a matter of time. :thumbsup:
All turkeys must die!

Cujo1
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum