Browning Gold Hunter 3.5" Action spring...

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Browning Gold Hunter 3.5" Action spring...

Postby deduckin » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:34 pm

looking to swap out the action spring in my Browning Gold Hunter, problem is they list them for the 3" guns, but I'm having trouble finding a spring for the 3.5" gun.... anyone have any luck finding one? Not looking to do the Sure Cycle kit yet, but may have to go that route ..... thanks

I should add I am looking for a Stainless Spring or aftermarket... I found the OEM Browning springs....
deduckin
hunter

Re: Browning Gold Hunter 3.5" Action spring...

Postby Yuchi1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:19 pm

Stainless will require a SureCycle as Jeff has the patent on them. That's why Benelli began chroming the springs in later models as that's as close as they could get w/o a possible patent infringement scenario.
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby deduckin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:21 am

Yuchi1 wrote:Stainless will require a SureCycle as Jeff has the patent on them. That's why Benelli began chroming the springs in later models as that's as close as they could get w/o a possible patent infringement scenario.

oh ok... gotcha... I guess my only option is to save up for the Sure Cylcle tube and spring.... Thanks
deduckin
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:54 am

They're $2.50 from Browning, I just ordered 4 of them. I bought 2 for my X2 3.5" and 2 for my x3 20ga. I wouldn't do the Surecycle kit if the factory springs worked for your gun. :thumbsup:
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:16 am

Factory springs are cheap and work just as good as any over priced sure-cycle I have ever tried. and even sure cycle springs will weaken with time just like your factory spring. Just keep it clean and lightly oiled and you will have no issues with the factory spring. I hunted a lot of salt water bays in Maine and got the guns wet often but never had any issues at all.

You can buy "stainless steel" recoil springs for Benelli from Brownells for about $8 Listed as INOX (inoxydable) which is a another term for stainless steel. Not sure if they have them for Browning, But if I remember my metallurgy correctly I thought stainless springs loose their tension faster than standard spring steel. If you hunting a salt marsh and never clean you gun sure-cycle might be a good option.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby phiml » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:11 pm

deduckin wrote:looking to swap out the action spring in my Browning Gold Hunter, problem is they list them for the 3" guns, but I'm having trouble finding a spring for the 3.5" gun.... anyone have any luck finding one? Not looking to do the Sure Cycle kit yet, but may have to go that route ..... thanks

I should add I am looking for a Stainless Spring or aftermarket... I found the OEM Browning springs....

check out wolff spring from www.gunsprings.com. High quality precision spring manufacture for your gun. I did a replacement for my BGH mid season this year and it made a big noticeable on recycling. No more single shot
phiml
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum