SBE2 Charging Handle?

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

SBE2 Charging Handle?

Postby Dvlerin41 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:43 am

Just purchased a new SBE2 and wanted to add a larger/extended bolt/charging handle. I've searched around but can't find a definite answer on which one fits. Most seem to say they will fit an M2, M1 and M4, I've only found 1 that's says it will fit a SBE2. All look to be very similar in design. Anybody added one to their sbe2, can help me out on what all fits. It's Sat or I would call Benelli.... Waiting for admin approval on the Benelli Forum.
Dvlerin41
hunter

Re: SBE2 Charging Handle?

Postby Saltwater_Assassin » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:05 am

Any particular reason why u feel the need to change the handle. Been shooting a SBE2 for a few year so Im just curious.

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearc ... olt+handle
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible"
- George Washington
Saltwater_Assassin
hunter

Postby Dvlerin41 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:15 am

Just easier manipulation of the bolt when its really cold out and have large gloves on. Just looks like it would make things a tad bit easier and faster.
Dvlerin41
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:03 am

Dvlerin41 wrote:Just easier manipulation of the bolt when its really cold out and have large gloves on. Just looks like it would make things a tad bit easier and faster.

It will also very likely get caught on everything within reach of the thing too. Don't need it. i hunt a ton in freezing and single digit temps and have never had an issue with my SBE II charging handle. It's a non-issue for a part that works just fine that you're trying to find a fix for...
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby Saltwater_Assassin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:32 am

Dvlerin41 wrote:Just easier manipulation of the bolt when its really cold out and have large gloves on. Just looks like it would make things a tad bit easier and faster.

Ok, like I said I was just curious. Did u check the link for midwayusa I posted? If so, hope it was what u were looking for.
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible"
- George Washington
Saltwater_Assassin
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:50 am

Briley makes a nice one but these are generally just for spoting games and not that practical in the field. They do get caught on everything (yes I have experience with this on an M2 tactical I also use for deer) so there is really no need to change it.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby PungoShoresOutdoors » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:14 pm

I could see a bigger handle getting caught on tons of stuff in a duck blind and potentially causing "benelli click" issues.
PungoShoresOutdoors
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:44 pm

Check out RobRoberts custom gun works. He makes one. Top notch.
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum