Duck Hunting Forum banner

Over/under rebuild

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Glimmerjim 
#1 ·
I've got an old Italian made over/under given to me by my father a long time ago. I frankly beat it to hell being a young kid with a reloader and no common sense! Any suggestions of gunsmiths to handle the job of restoring it to functional condition? Don't mind spending the money for a good job. Beautiful gun, with lots of engraving, etc. Needs at least a stock also, as the loads we fired cracked the portion of the stock where it meets the tang. Just treated like a red-headed stepson it's whole life! Thanks! :thumbsup:

#2 ·
Depending on what you want to spend on this gun , is the question ? There are some Companies like Brileys ,Coles or Nuline
that do really nice work . You have to decide ether you're all in for a complete restoration or try to just make it shoot . If you
choose a Company ( like the ones above ) , you send instructions in writing along with the gun as to what you want , state-ing ,
you need a estimate of cost before starting work .

The metal work , it's kind of cut and dried . repair or replace what's broken , then blu it !
Now , the wood-set is something completely different , the sky is the limit ?

#3 ·
3200 man said:
Depending on what you want to spend on this gun , is the question ? There are some Companies like Brileys ,Coles or Nuline
that do really nice work . You have to decide ether you're all in for a complete restoration or try to just make it shoot . If you
choose a Company ( like the ones above ) , you send instructions in writing along with the gun as to what you want , state-ing ,
you need a estimate of cost before starting work .

The metal work , it's kind of cut and dried . repair or replace what's broken , then blu it !
Now , the wood-set is something completely different , the sky is the limit ?
Thanks 3200! I was reading the Nu Line website about gun restoration. I think I'll send it in for an appraisal.The tang to stock fitis not an easy one. It is like double camel back and I'm sure would be hard to fit. It's all sentimental value, though, so I'll see what they say!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.