SP 10 part

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

SP 10 part

Postby C M Wings » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:36 pm

Guys, I need a slide extension assembly for my SP10. Can not find one anywhere... Anyone have a parts gun or know of of these being available anywhere?????

Thanks

Joe
Ducks
C M Wings
hunter

Re: SP 10 part

Postby BT Justice » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:55 am

Try calling Remington parts and ask if they have any left if you haven't yet...sometimes you get lucky.
Gander Mtn in Green Bay was auctioning off two on Gunbroker a few months back, somebody apparently thought they were worth more money than I did... :lol3:
BT Justice
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:34 pm

Did you check with Brownell's ?
War Wagon
hunter

Postby C M Wings » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:44 pm

Brownells said they can back order the part. Guess we will see, when I called Remington they said they no longer make or have any. Anyway, I put in the back order.

Thanks, but if anyone comes across one let me know.

FYI, don't shoot yours without the slide extension recoil buffer. I didn't realize mine was gone. Didn't take many shots to bend it.
Ducks
C M Wings
hunter

Postby BT Justice » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:00 am

Check Numrich and Gunbroker from time to time also.

I bought My SP-10 used and did the strip it down to the frame thing when I got it home. The buffer in mine was torn up real bad, replaced that and the bolt buffer....cheap insurance.
BT Justice
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:23 am

You are looking for Part# 59 ?
Call this Gunsmith in Ill , His name is John Mann 1-618-357-2911
He is one of the Top Gunsmiths that Remington uses during the Grand American in Sparta.
Attachments
rem-sp10.gif
Remington SP-10 schematic
War Wagon
hunter

Postby C M Wings » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:56 pm

Yes, that is the part. I will give him a call, thanks!

Joe
Ducks
C M Wings
hunter

Postby C M Wings » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:36 am

Well, with a little work I was able to get my gun running again. I had to give the prongs on the extension a little nudge to get them to align with the receiver holes, then lightly used a round file and some 220 grit paper and oil to knock Down the high spots that were causing the extension to jam against the barrel chamber. All in all, just a few thousandths. Runs smoothly agian, shot it and worked perfectly.

Can't emphasize enough to never shoot without the recoil buffer in place. I'm sure that the tang slamming into the receiver without it in their is what cause the problem. No receiver damage, not even a scuff.

The tang filed and sanded very easily, it is not hard metal, which is why it didn't ping the receiver. Took maybe 10 minutes.

Last step it to hit it with some paint to keep off any rust.

I'm going to keep looking for a replacement as a spare, and am going to buy up parts as I find them as they are getting hard to find.

If you ever have the same problem, let me know and i will tell you exactly what I did to effect the repair.

Ducks
Ducks
C M Wings
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum