MY DIP KIT

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

MY DIP KIT

Postby kpeterson904 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:06 am

looking at getting this and trying it out seen a few vids online on it anyone had it and used it and liked it or done their own fire arm with it ?
kpeterson904
hunter

Re: MY DIP KIT

Postby Rich- » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:04 am

Durability is so so compared to having it professionally done. It also takes a bit of skill to do it right.
Rich-
hunter

Postby dfrauenkron » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:26 am

Had a couple friends that were gonna set the world on fire by hydro graphing different stuff. I watched them burn through $175 in film one night and didn't have a thing to show for it. They ordered from a different company and had slightly better results, but still not retail quality (wrinkles/peeling). That was about 2 months ago and I haven't heard anything more about it. Not saying it can't be done but they got their butt kicked and cost em a bit too for nothing.
dfrauenkron
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:50 pm

Takes practice and patience to get it right. There is no second chances if you mess up you just start over. so cut the pieces you need and then use the scrap to practice with until you get it right. Watch all the videos. I know someone that tried it. I might do a gun myself here soon. The durability is the same if you properly clear coat it like the shops do. if you do not use a clear top coat expect it to ware quickly. PPG matte clear works best for me in protecting painted on or dipped finishes.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum