Sbe2 hitting left.

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Sbe2 hitting left.

Postby pweisbrod » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:30 pm

My sbe2 is hitting about a foot to the left at 21 yards, with the cast off (right hand) shim in place. Has anyone else purchased other shims from Benelli with additional cast off? Couldn't find anything online. Thanks. :hammer:
Skyscraper.
pweisbrod
hunter

Re: Sbe2 hitting left.

Postby 3200 man » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:03 pm

Make sure the gun is empty , then turn it around and look down the rib , is the stock favoring the right or is it the left . ?

If , you have the right spacer in for a right handed shooter , it well be tapered out to the left from center of the rib .

The tapered part of the shim should be on the right side of the stock as you shoulder it .

3200 man
hunter

Postby pweisbrod » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:21 pm

I currently have it set for right hand. Shim "thick" side is on the left side of the gun, when looking down barrel. Tapered side on right. I need more cast off, just curious of Benelli offerings and if possible aftermarket (cheaper) options. Haven't been able to find anything yet.

Edit when looking down barrel the stock does bend slightly left, but not much. Obviously not enough if the pellets hit a foot left at 21 yards. This is with factory mod Crio plus and estate target shells.
Skyscraper.
pweisbrod
hunter

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:16 am

maybe a silly question but are you right eye dominant???
have you tried patterning with left eye closed???
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:58 am

You can use a flat file to shave off more of the shim and you can stack 2 together going from thick to nothing !

This will give you about 3/8" cast-off so , if that's not enough you probably need to have the stock altered !
3200 man
hunter

Postby pweisbrod » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:33 pm

Okay so I have no idea how this happened, but I patterned the gun again and was hitting right on center but a little high. May have been some combination of wind and the sheet not being perfectly flat. I patterned on cardboard today, the guy at the gun club had me use paper that was sort of blowing in the wind.

I am a left eye dominant shooter, shooting right handed. I squint my left eye slightly shut so my right eye takes over. I may trying to shoot left handed next year. I don't think I have enough time before season to completely relearn the way I shoot.
Skyscraper.
pweisbrod
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:19 pm

And old trick for a left eye dominant right-handed shooter is , with shooting glasses , put a darker lense over the left eye

than you have on the right eye , with a small pcs of scotch tape have someone look down your empty barrel as you mount the
gun and place the tape over your pupil sticking it on the lense . By obscuring your left eyes vision , making your right eye take
charge of your shooting .
3200 man
hunter

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:37 pm

pweisbrod wrote:Okay so I have no idea how this happened, but I patterned the gun again and was hitting right on center but a little high. May have been some combination of wind and the sheet not being perfectly flat. I patterned on cardboard today, the guy at the gun club had me use paper that was sort of blowing in the wind.

I am a left eye dominant shooter, shooting right handed. I squint my left eye slightly shut so my right eye takes over. I may trying to shoot left handed next year. I don't think I have enough time before season to completely relearn the way I shoot.

my bro in law has the same issue thats what made me ask. he feels best shooting lefty but is right eye dominant and cant shut right eye...Ive pulled my hair out trying to get him to shoot right handed.
good luck.
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Postby pweisbrod » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:48 am

Added the longest comfort tech recoil pad available, hitting right on the nuts now.
Skyscraper.
pweisbrod
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum