Can't get enough drop in Benelli Montefeltro stock

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Can't get enough drop in Benelli Montefeltro stock

Postby b-townbirds » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:14 pm

I have a 12 gauge Montefeltro and can't seem to get enough drop from my shims. I have the D shim in the gun but can still see too much rib when I mount the gun. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I posted this in the shotgun forum and didn't have any response really. So I thought I would try over here. I have heard that you could possibly combine the D and C shim, but was worried it would mess with the integrity of the joint where the stock meets the receiver.
b-townbirds
hunter

Re: Can't get enough drop in Benelli Montefeltro stock

Postby clampdaddy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:10 pm

How's the length of pull? If you could stand to lengthen it a little it would give you a little more drop by placing your cheek further back on the stock. I had the D shim in my sbe2 and when I switched out the comfortech pad for a standard pad the butt didn't sit as deeply into my shoulder so I had to switch to the C shim to get the same fit.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby b-townbirds » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:50 pm

I never thought of that, but it makes sense. I will test that theory this evening. I am sure I can rig up something to see if it makes a difference. Thanks.
b-townbirds
hunter

Postby b-townbirds » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:22 pm

Well I tried the length of pull change and it did help but it then makes the fit a little questionable. To make enough difference I would need to add quite a bit on the pull. So I guess I am back to getting the drop right with shims. Any ideas?
b-townbirds
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:44 am

Well, I don't thing that stacking the C and D shims will be a viable option because of they both have those studs that fit into the stock and receiver. Plus you have the plate in the stock to contend with. I'd shoot an email to benelli and see what they think.
clampdaddy
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum