Beretta 390 problem

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Beretta 390 problem

Postby aunt betty » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:03 pm

I could not get the shells out of the magazine? Had to shoot the gun empty.
Its suppose to eject a shell when you click this.
Attachments
1379530977628.jpg
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Re: Beretta 390 problem

Postby aunt betty » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:05 pm

So I fiddled with and cleaned the trigger assembly. No luck.
Then I started looking at this.
Attachments
1379531090032.jpg
aunt betty
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:08 pm

If I pressed real hard on the silver button after clicking that button on the trigger assembly...a shell came out of the magazine!!!
Ahah!!!
Attachments
1379531227969.jpg
aunt betty
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:09 pm

I got out the WD40 and sprayed a 1/4 can thru the little tube into the lever in pic#2.
Its all better now. Crud was in there.

I think the gun I just bought was never cleaned. It was used until it burped and got sold because IT WAS DIRTY.
wow.

P.S. The Beretta guy in town charges $80 to completely break down and clean a shotgun professionally. It pays to KNOW YOUR WEAPON.
aunt betty
hunter

Postby copterdoc » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:37 pm

There are two ways I unload mine.

First, is to.............

(1.) Pull the bolt back to empty the chamber.
(2.) Ride the charging handle forward just enough to let the carrier lift clear of the magazine tube.
(3.) Press the bolt release button.

That spits both shells out of the magazine and into your awaiting hand. Or, on the ground.

The other way that I do it, is to..........

(1.) Rack the bolt and empty the chamber.
(2.) Press the bolt release. This releases one shell from the magazine tube. But, since the carrier isn't all the way down, the shell is stopped by the front edge of the carrier.
(3.) Pull the bolt all the way to the rear, and force it forward by pushing forward on the charging handle. This will spit one shell into your awaiting hand. Or, on the ground. To unload the remaining shell, repeat steps two and three.

If you are going to practice this, PLEASE use inert snap caps, until you understand the sequence. You don't need to risk having a negligent discharge.

Most Beretta autos have what is called an automatic magazine cut-off.
What they refer to as a magazine cut-off lever on your AL390, is actually nothing more than a bolt lock.

The only difference between the guns with the "cut-off lever" and the ones without, is that yours has the ability to lock the bolt open, with live shells still in the tube.

When you rack the bolt on the ones without the lever, the bolt will slam shut on an empty chamber.
If you push the button on the carrier, it will kick a shell out of the tube, and leave it on the carrier.

At that point, if you rack the bolt, it will not lock open. Instead, it will strip the shell off the carrier, and load the chamber.
copterdoc
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:18 pm

copterdoc wrote:There are two ways I unload mine.

(2.) Ride the charging handle forward just enough to let the carrier lift clear of the magazine tube.

That spits both shells out of the magazine and into your awaiting hand. Or, on the ground.

The other way that I do it, is to..........

(1.) Rack the bolt and empty the chamber.
(2.) Press the bolt release. This releases one shell from the magazine tube. But, since the carrier isn't all the way down, the shell is stopped by the front edge of the carrier.
(3.) Pull the bolt all the way to the rear, and force it forward by pushing forward on the charging handle. This will spit one shell into your awaiting hand. Or, on the ground. To unload the remaining shell, repeat steps two and three.

If you are going to practice this, PLEASE use inert snap caps, until you understand the sequence. You don't need to risk having a negligent discharge.

Most Beretta autos have what is called an automatic magazine cut-off.
What they refer to as a magazine cut-off lever on your AL390, is actually nothing more than a bolt lock.

The only difference between the guns with the "cut-off lever" and the ones without, is that yours has the ability to lock the bolt open, with live shells still in the tube.

When you rack the bolt on the ones without the lever, the bolt will slam shut on an empty chamber.
If you push the button on the carrier, it will kick a shell out of the tube, and leave it on the carrier.

At that point, if you rack the bolt, it will not lock open. Instead, it will strip the shell off the carrier, and load the chamber.

Amazing that you know all this. Now, could you dumb it down to my level?
I aint too brite. Draw me a picture please.
aunt betty
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:35 pm

copterdoc wrote:There are two ways I unload mine.

That's it.

I take the shell from the chamber. I let the bolt close on an empty chamber. Stick my thumb on the end of the shell in the magazine and slightly press it forward. Then I press the release button on the side and slowly let out with my thumb. Shell comes out.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby copterdoc » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:25 pm

aunt betty wrote:Amazing that you know all this. Now, could you dumb it down to my level?
I aint too brite. Draw me a picture please.
I'll see if I can make a video showing both methods.
copterdoc
hunter

Postby copterdoc » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:03 pm

Here is a video.

copterdoc
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:07 am

1379772367550.jpg

1379772426928.jpg
aunt betty
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:12 am

I reloaded a while. Got some very bad habits trying to keep from picking up spent rounds.
I try to catch them and not have to swim to get shells.
Your way is quicker CD but I will lose two rounds each time I did it that way.
aunt betty
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum