Help. SBE cycling question for new guy.

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Help. SBE cycling question for new guy.

Postby Dab867 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:02 pm

I am not familiar with Benellis but just picked up an older SBE from a friend who never uses it to borrow for an upcoming pheasant hunt. I have not shot the gun but when working the action and cycling shells, I have to hit the cartridge drop lever to get every round out of the magazine tube. Is this normal? I've never dealt with a cartridge drop lever so I'm not sure if will function normally with the pull of the trigger or what may be causing the problem.
Dab867
Newb

Re: Help. SBE cycling question for new guy.

Postby BBK » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:33 pm

Yes, completely normal. A cartridge won't drop unless you pull the trigger or push the lever. Don't ask me what the purpose is.... Goofy Italians :rolleyes:
BBK
hunter

Postby Dab867 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:04 pm

Thanks for the help. I should have downloaded the manual first.
Dab867
Newb

Postby BBK » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:29 pm

I will say, the one great thing about that is the ability to make the gun safe without having to totally unload it. For instance if you had to cross a fence or go through some really thick stuff while upland hunting, you can pop out the one in the chamber instead of totally unloading the gun.

Another one I will be trying out this year. Two loads of #1 in the tube and one #4 in the chamber. That way I'm good on ducks, first shot for killing second and third for clean-up, and if a goose is coming I can pop out the #4 and throw in a #1 in a second.
BBK
hunter

Postby malik123 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:11 am

I will say, the one great thing about that is the ability to make the gun safe without having to totally unload it. For instance if you had to cross a fence or go through some really thick stuff while upland hunting, you can pop out the one in the chamber instead of totally unloading the gun.
ibraindumps www.ibraindumps.org black bomber jacket men black bomber jacket men
motorcycle clothing motorcycle clothing 1z0-051 dumps 1z0-051 dumps
malik123
Newb

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:47 pm

It is great to have the ability to switch rounds in the chamber without having to effect the magazine. Sort of like the browning magazine cut-off without having to flip a lever. And on the browning If you forget to flip it back you have a single shot. Not an issue with the Benelli's. I use it a lot when hunting the marsh loaded with #4's for woodies and that lone goose happens by 50yds out, slip in a BB and drop him like a rock. :thumbsup:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum