Super Vinci - recoil spring?

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Super Vinci - recoil spring?

Postby wingman71 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:07 pm

I have two year old SV is misfiring on the second round with Kent and Fiocchi, both 3.5" 1-9/16 load. wondering if the recoil spring is the problem and where to get a replacement. I have left a message and an email with benelli, no response yet.
wingman71
Newb

Re: Super Vinci - recoil spring?

Postby waterfowlhunter » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:17 am

I believe they have a pair of recoil springs and I would suggest you contact Benelli directly for replacements. If you store the gun with the bolt open this can cause the springs to loose tension (have seen it on many guns thru my shop) and cause slow bolt closure or failure to lock up completely. You might try Brownells also.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Super Vinci - recoil spring?

Postby thomashamm2 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:37 pm

one of the guys i hunt with had the same problem with blackcloud in his sbe2. It cost him a couple geese in the early season. He brought it too a gunsmith and it works fine now. :beer:
thomashamm2
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum