stoeger m2000 bolt handle

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

stoeger m2000 bolt handle

Postby dltigers3 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Hey guys,

I have a stoeger m2000, and the bolt handle broke in half today hunting. I ordered another one but it wont be in until tuesday. I am going hunting monday morning, and was wondering if anyone sees a problem with using a short piece of rod to put in the hole for the bolt handle. I would take it out and put it in my pocket after I chambered the round. I would just need to load one round in the chamber, and only fire two shells everytime. This would keep me from have to actually charge the bolt throughout the day.
Would this be a problem?

Would there be an issue with the shotgun firing without anything in the hole for the bolt handle?

Does anyone know what size rod I would fit in there?
dltigers3
Newb

Re: stoeger m2000 bolt handle

Postby d_money » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Idk how it relates my buddy's sbe2 charging handle fell out while hunting first thing in the morning. I just stuck the back part of my knife in there until I could pull the bolt back a little then stuck my finger in to pull the bolt back to get a shell in. He finished the day only shooting two shells with no problem. He actually had to do it for two days like that before he got a new charging handle.
d_money
hunter

Re: stoeger m2000 bolt handle

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:06 pm

happened to my little brother, he has a piece of aluminium rod in his, he has been using that for the past 2 seasons.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum