Duck Hunting Forum banner

New a5 won't unload

9K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  gride830 
#1 ·
Hey guys first time posting! I bought a new a5 this fall and have had great luck with it cycling anything I feed it. However I have a small issue with unloading it. First you pull bolt back and eject the shell that's chambered, second you hit magazine release and it lets one shell out of magazine tube. This is where the problem is. Sometimes it won't release the shell! Anyone else had this issue? I feel it's a safety issue. When unloading it can lead you to believe that gun is empty when it's not!!!! Any advice? Browning says send it to them so when seasons over it's going!

#9 ·
Has anybody found a resolution to this? mine does it too. its WAY worse when i put my extended tube on for spring snows. i think the magazine spring puts too much pressure on the metal piece that holds the shells in the magazine (sorry i don't know what its called... magazine cutoff?)

#12 ·
This was the A5's first trip. Not real impressed that it has taken two months for them to decide my gun needs to be replaced and another two months before I can get my replacement. I find it odd the A5 is still in production and on the rack of my local gun store but yet they can't get me a replacement for two more months.

#14 ·
Well guys I thought I would give you an update on my A5. I played the waiting game and after a couple months and several phone calls Browning had determined that my A5 is in need of replacement. No explanation of why it needed replaced but I did receive a brand new one. I wish all of you with similar issues the best of luck.

#16 ·
I get what your saying. I'am also guessing that the reason you are doing it that way is simply because the button in front of trigger doesn't work. I understand that method because that's the only way to get the shells out of magazine tube. So is the magazine release button simply cosmetic?

#17 ·
Browndoggy said:
I get what your saying. I'am also guessing that the reason you are doing it that way is simply because the button in front of trigger doesn't work. I understand that method because that's the only way to get the shells out of magazine tube. So is the magazine release button simply cosmetic?
Don't know. All I know is just about everyone that I know that has one has done the same thing. It sticks for some reason.

#20 ·
Love my A5. I have yet to do a complete cleaning on it since being new but I too have problems with the auto load feature. Seems like it'll only auto load a shell if I shove it in the magazine at lightning speed and then I typically scar my fingers doing that. I'll clean it soon and see if that fixes it or just not worry about it. Feels and shoots to darn good to care about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.