New a5 won't unload

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

New a5 won't unload

Postby Browndoggy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:49 pm

Hey guys first time posting! I bought a new a5 this fall and have had great luck with it cycling anything I feed it. However I have a small issue with unloading it. First you pull bolt back and eject the shell that's chambered, second you hit magazine release and it lets one shell out of magazine tube. This is where the problem is. Sometimes it won't release the shell! Anyone else had this issue? I feel it's a safety issue. When unloading it can lead you to believe that gun is empty when it's not!!!! Any advice? Browning says send it to them so when seasons over it's going!
Browndoggy
hunter

Re: New a5 won't unload

Postby Leupold87 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:57 pm

Mine did.the exact same thing i took.it apart and i had rust and old dry grease in the magazine tube took it apart and put a little oil in it and it works great now. Hope this helps

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
Leupold87
hunter

Postby Browndoggy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:11 pm

Thanks for input! I've stripped it all the way down when cleaning and I feel that it's in the latch in the trigger assembly.
Browndoggy
hunter

Postby Leupold87 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:59 pm

It could be I took my trigger assembly out of the gun and soaked it in hot water with dish washer soap ......no this won't hurt it just let it dry good then oil the mechanism and see what happens. Mine works every time now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Leupold87
hunter

Postby Catdaddy89 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:28 pm

I assumed it was because the spring has so much tension out of the box. I usually just sharply bump the chamber with my hand after I hit the button and the shell will drop. The last shell always drops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Catdaddy89
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Have had the same exact issue could not for the life of me get them out. I just kept at it and still do not why it keeps doing it.
txhunter90
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum