benelli m2 dry cycle

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

benelli m2 dry cycle

Postby bamacrowkiller » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:32 pm

I cannot figure out how to cycle the shells through the gun to unload. First shell in chamber ejects,close bolt depress red button to release next shell from magazine,pull bolt back to chamber round,pull bolt back to eject second shell it comes about two thirds of the way back and it just stops. Same thing with third shell. seems to be a lot worse with three inch shells. I pick up on extractor bolt will come on back and then i just dump the shell out. Thank you for any help,or please tell me an other way to cycle through.
bamacrowkiller
hunter

Re: benelli m2 dry cycle

Postby Nelliboy2 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:01 pm

There is a release on the in side where the shells are loaded into the mag. You will feel a little lever, push it in and one by one they will come out.

BTW mine will not kick shells out of the chamber very well when I do it slowly. When I pull the bolt back quickly it will send them flying. Idk if that helps you at all or not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:04 pm

bamacrowkiller wrote:I cannot figure out how to cycle the shells through the gun to unload. First shell in chamber ejects,close bolt depress red button to release next shell from magazine,pull bolt back to chamber round,pull bolt back to eject second shell it comes about two thirds of the way back and it just stops. Same thing with third shell. seems to be a lot worse with three inch shells. I pick up on extractor bolt will come on back and then i just dump the shell out. Thank you for any help,or please tell me an other way to cycle through.

Does it seem to catch a hair around 2/3s back? Mine does but I can just pull a little harder and it will fully open.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby bamacrowkiller » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:57 pm

Thank you Ill try when I get home. Just thought I could do it the other way. good thing I dont get paid for thinking ha!
bamacrowkiller
hunter

Postby bamacrowkiller » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:54 am

nelliboy2 that did work thank you. Still just dont understand why it does what it does
bamacrowkiller
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:11 pm

What worked for you? Using the release lever inside or cycling then gun quickly?

Does the gun still more or less get bogged down when you cycle it quickly to unload it?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby bamacrowkiller » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:57 pm

The button or lever on inside of receiver worked,although thats going to be tough when its cold. Working the bolt faster seems to improve the problem sometimes. Still will not work 100 percent. Thanks for helping me.
bamacrowkiller
hunter

Postby bamacrowkiller » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:35 pm

Just went out and shot gun,failed to eject three inch,2 3/4 worked ok. any ideas?
bamacrowkiller
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:41 pm

Eject old shell but didn't fully load the new live shell? Failure to feed?

Does the action seem a little slow when you work it with a shell in it?

First thing I would do is break the gun all the way down and clean both the recoil spring and mag spring. Then take the trigger assemble out make sure it is clean, use a high quality cleaner, coat lightly with a good high quality oil that you trust in cold weather.

I'd go ahead and break the bolt down and clean the firing pin and spring while I'm at it. Once agin coat with oil lightly, coat the slides and try it again.

When you are cleaning examine the pieces for any broken pieces. Really look at the spring that operates the shell lift. Make sure you work it with your finger to insure function.

Warning about the recoil spring. There will be a small hole drilled in the recoil tube. Make sure you jam it with something to keep the spring from shooting out. Place the tube on the ground and remove the James piece and slow lift the gun up until the spring loses tension.

Let me know if you have any questions and how it works out. You can pm me if need be.

Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:46 pm

Make sure you keep the slides and bolt well oiled. My sbe2 likes being run wet, she will drastically slow and will start to miss behave if I let her get to dry.

Side note, all intria guns must be kept well oiled. Just the nature of the beast.

Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby bamacrowkiller » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:57 pm

Thanks cleaned recoil spring ,tube and applied oil to bolt. Fired two three shot sets,worked fine. Maybe this gun likes a lot of lube too. Well see friday morning I hope. Thank you again for your time.
bamacrowkiller
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Yep, most intria guns do need to be run on wetter side as they rely on the recoil of the shell to open the bolt and compress the spring. The less lube you have cause more friction which means you will have to shoot heavier loads to have the same performance.

I usually will just relube my bolt and slides every couple hunts. I have yet to have a problem since I started doing so 7 seasons ago.

The first year I had it I didn't apply any oil to it as I had always shot gas guns. Let just say I was ready to sell it after the bolt would never eject the shell all the way making it a 1500 dollar single shot. The gun smith told me to keep her wet (not dripping but visibly coated) and now it's everyday go to gun.

Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby TomKat » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:27 am

Bamacrowboy,
It is especially important to oil the bottom of the bolt assembly. That is, the part of the bolt that slides against the receiver.

BTW, if you did not remove the recoil spring and clean the recoil tube, you are still using a dirty gun. Clean that tube and spring. It collects.a lot of crud. Failure to maintain that tube and spring will doom your long term satisfaction.

I am on my 4th Wolff replacement spring. It may be time for you to upgrade that factory spring. Since your gun does not use gas to operate the moving parts, your spring becomes more important.

Good luck. I love my M2.

Blog- http://www.ksducks.com
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby njonesy_07 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:00 am

TomKat wrote:Bamacrowboy,

I am on my 4th Wolff replacement spring. It may be time for you to upgrade that factory spring. Since your gun does not use gas to operate the moving parts, your spring becomes more important.

Your 4th spring? How many rounds do you put through the gun a year? Goodness. I'm still on my first spring, the gun was bough in the fall of 2009.
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Postby Nelliboy2 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:24 pm

njonesy_07 wrote:
TomKat wrote:Bamacrowboy,

Your 4th spring? How many rounds do you put through the gun a year? Goodness. I'm still on my first spring, the gun was bough in the fall of 2009.

I'm on my first one. My sbe2 is 8 or 9 years old and I shoot a lot of rounds every year I thought but I don't blow through springs like that so I guess not that much lol

Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby bamacrowkiller » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:26 pm

Update on cycling issuses with M2. In my first post I tried to explain what was going on,cant post pictures so I know that makes it hard to understand. Got it fixed today! as I said bolt would come about two thirds of the way open and stop,pick up on extractor shell would release bolt would go back,turn gun over dump shell out. Woke up early with a thought,something is stopping the shell while the extractor hook had it. Pulled barrel to look at ejector, it is held in by two rivet,the rivet closest to chamber was loose. It was hanging on the rim while the extractor hook was trying to pull it back. Took two punches and tightened the rivet. Problem fixed! Thank all who took time to help. I am now a happy Benelli owner. If anyone has this problem I can explain better on the phone. PM me if needed,think I can do that.
bamacrowkiller
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:50 pm

Glad you got it fixed. However this is the first I have heard about the rivets being loose. I have heard the exact or plate breaking. How did you tighten them? And have you tested it yet?

Thanks for posting your findings.

Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby bamacrowkiller » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:04 pm

Placed a center punch in a vice rivet has a dimple in it to place punch. After placing barrel over punch took a pin punch one with a flat end on the other end of rivet tapped with hammer till flush on inside. Outside has some relief cut in it not as important', if anyone needs help I talk a little better than I type! ha Yes i did test fixed problem, Thank to all who responded.
bamacrowkiller
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum