Camo Solutions or Accu-kote.com

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Camo Solutions or Accu-kote.com

Postby okie_duck » Tue May 13, 2014 10:28 pm

I have two guns that I would like to get refinished and would like to get some feedback on either of these two shops or others that I may not be aware of. My only requirement is that it be within driving distance of Ft Smith AR (less than 250 miles) since I do not want to ship and I want to see first hand the quality of the work.

The first gun is a SX2 with factory dip finish that has seen quite a bit of wear, I would like to have it stripped and redipped in bottomlands.

Second gun is a shiny new citori waterfowler that I haven't yet decided on. I am considering something two toned like cerekote with dipped stocks.

Any and all opinions are welcomed as well as pictures.

Thanks.
okie_duck
hunter

Re: Camo Solutions or Accu-kote.com

Postby Luvbowhuntn » Tue May 13, 2014 10:40 pm

The only people I will let touch my guns as far as aftermarket coatings is wwguns in Hartselle, Al. They've done 3 shotguns for me and every one was top notch. Only down side is they aren't within your set driving distance. They're online and on Facebook if you decide to check them out. They're good folks

sent leaning against a big oak in knee deep water
Real cowboys say the party never ends and the road goes on and on
Luvbowhuntn
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:41 pm

OD,

Am getting away from the hydrocoat dipping of my guns. Lack of durability and weatherproofing issues are the main reasons. Had the last five CeraKoted, including the wood as the seal will insure I won't have any moisture related issues with the furniture.
There's a certified CeraKote place in Claremore however, they're moving locations and are shut down during the process. They've done four of my shotguns...top notch work.
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby z51 » Sat May 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Midwest Gun Works is in Jefferson County Mo. I have not used them except for parts but they have a good rep.
I know they do CeraKote. I think that's under 250 miles from My home town Fort Smith.
z51
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum