Duck Hunting Forum banner

easy hit sight

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Spunky 
#1 ·
anyone use the easy hit sight on your shotgun, I have left eye dominance right handed and am hearing this sight will allow me to use both eyes open while shooting...

which one long 5 inch or short 2.75....3mm or 2.75 mm dot

#2 ·
It's the only fiber optic type bead that I really like. With others I see two bright spots out there that distract me. I'd rather have nothing than have that. As far as brightness goes, there isn't really a whole heck of a lot of difference between the long and the short one but the longer one puts the end of the tube a few inches closer to your eyes so there's a little better chance that you won't see the spot with your other eye. I have only used the 3mm (went with the bigger one to help bring down the poi on a high shooting gun) but I would think that a smaller one would be a little better at keeping your other eye from seeing it.

#3 ·
It will once you learn to use it. I have the same problem and have one on my sporting Clays gun its the 5" 3mm. I go to it when I start having trouble such as seeing the side of the barrel . It helps me regain proper mount and eye alignment. Hope this helps. Oh,and get ready for a lot of negative responses.

#4 ·
Thanks guys, just ordered the long one with smaller dot, I see two bright spots also on my stock bead on my m3500, really distracting and I find myself staring at it while trying to get a sight picture, yea I'm expecting negative responses but most probably don't know what a pain in the ass cross eye dominant is

#5 ·
When I made the switch to LH, after 40+ seasons of RH shooting, put one on the Beretta AL390 to get the muscle memory attuned as to where my head should be on the stock. It helped.

#6 ·
just a follow up, so far im happy with it, the small dot is not so distracting in my peripheral vision like the stock bead was,

using both eyes don't work for me, i see the second barrel image which is distracting and takes a little longer to get the sight picture, might just need to get used to it and trust just the dot

but i like the tunnel design and can see where it would help keeping your head down

#7 ·
Have you tried shooting with the other hand for a few rounds? I know it will feel like swinging a 2x4 at a football at first but after a few rounds it might help. I was right handed right eye dominant but my right eye is getting much worse so I may be in the same boat soon. Ive always been able to switch my dominance though.

#8 ·
I bought one of those Hi Viz sites when they first came out. Got the largest one they had at the time. I used the red during low light conditions and the green one on bright days. At 40 yards the dot (end of pipe) just about covered the 30 inch circle at the ranges I was shooting. After enough practice the dot became my pattern out in front of the bird. I never used the follow through method of shooting it was always substained lead since almost all of shooting were longer shots. It required me to keep my head down on the gun since I had a very bad habit of raising my head to watch the bird fall. Still use it today on a over and under that I have. Perfect long range gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.