Duck Hunting Forum banner

what kind of loctite for a recoil spring cap?

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  z51 
#1 ·
Just purchased a Beretta AL 390 silver mallard. I have the gun apart and the new springs ordered. My question is what kind of loctite should I use on the threads of the recoil spring cap when I reinstall the spring.... Thanks for any answers and please be specific...

#6 ·
NONE. But if you must, put on some bearing and sleeve locker then you do not ever have to worry about it coming off without a torch.

One trick that works on guns that do not stay in place is to use a vary small dab of RTV. it will hold it nicely but will still allow you to unscrew it when you need to. When you take it back off most of the RTV will peel off and you can easily remove the rest.

#10 ·
This Tuesday we were on a shoot and one guy had a new Beretta (smurf gun) and at about every 3rd station he had to screw the cap back down. I tightened it up very tight one time and it still shot loose. seems like they could machine a groove inside the cap and have a nylon ring or rubber "O" ring in there to grip the threads better and prevent them coming loose. My sons Stoeger once it is on hand tight you need Pliers to remove it. :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.