Duck Hunting Forum banner

Verona SX405-12

8K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  seeker571 
#1 ·
Our bunch had purchased eight (8) of these models back in ~2001-2002 and have had absolutely no issues mechanically and they all shot POA/POI.

However, one of the guys, (our 83YO) had been shooting heavy turkey loads for a number of seasons with the piston inadvertently set for light loads.

The Receiver Stock Absorber (part #16 on the schematic) failed last month, as it was apparently supposed to do in such circumstances.

B.C. Outdoors was the original importer but is no longer doing so however, H&R, a Remington subsidiary, is handling the same shotgun marketed as the Excell S/A ( http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/excell.asp ) model.

Unfortunately, they do not sell parts for this (Excell) model to individuals.

As this is likely a universal part for the turkish S/A's, was wondering if anyone as any suggestions for sources to check out.

Many Thanx!

#2 ·
Yuchi1 said:
Unfortunately, they do not sell parts for this (Excell) model to individuals.

As this is likely a universal part for the turkish S/A's, was wondering if anyone as any suggestions for sources to check out.

Many Thanx!
Are you sure that this is a universal part? . As a suggestion, do you or anyone in your group know a registered gunsmith? Or perhaps an FFL holder? Maybe they can get the part for you. I checked with Numrich Arms, but as you can see, they are sold out. You might be able to give them a call and see if they are expecting a shipment. You might also try Midwest Gun Works. They carry H&R parts, though fairly limited. Maybe you can order through them. Just some thoughts.

Frank

#3 ·
Frank,

I checked with Midwest, Brownell's as well as Numerich and to no avail. Even called H&R and the CS rep said they do not sell parts.

Have emailed the manufacturer in Turkey, will see what they say.

Thanx,
John

#8 ·
do you have a picture of the part. A lot of those buffers can be easily made or found at McMasterCarr I have made several round buffers out of stock purchased there.

#10 ·
We remedied the situation via fabrication of a similar component. I also heard the Weatherby SA-08 buffer may be interchangeable and will locate one for comparison in case this situation arises again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.