hastings metro barrel extension

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

hastings metro barrel extension

Postby shoveler_shooter » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:49 pm

Does anyone know how much, or if this decreases the velocity? I'm about to buy this to hunt on my land (6.5 acres) so that I won't annoy the neighbors by the loud noise. I'll look at the website to see if it says more...if it does then I'll post again.
UmatillaJeff wrote:This load would drop ducks and geese like thors hammer in my hands, I would bet the equity in my house on it.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:07 pm

It dosn't slow the shot. All of the powder is burned off in the barrel before it gets to the metro barrel so you loose no speed with it. To get the most out of the barrel you do have to use sub sonic loads with it to keep the noise down and tungsten loads to get the killing distance. I have had good luck with hevi shot bb and 2 shot loaded at 900 fps here where I live on the geese. Also you need to use an open choke. I am getting 90% patterns at 40 yards with a skeet choke.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby yareelohim » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:05 pm

Anyone have a video of someone shooting with a metro barrel? I always wanted to see one in action.
"For the High and Exalted One who lives forever, whose name is Holy says this: 'I live in a high and holy place, and with the oppressed and lowly of spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and revive the heart of the oppressed." - Isaiah57:15
yareelohim
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum