Duck Hunting Forum banner

Mossberg 935 light strikes/no strikes on primer

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  z51 
#1 ·
Ok so the last day of the season this January I went out to finally have a good hunt. Boat got repaired, buddies were able to make it, no one made it out to my spot first. Well first flock of birds came in and click no bang, well tap, rack, reasses, and no bang. field strip, no bang, pull out trigger group no bang. Did some research and checked my firing pin. The top was peened out or mushroomed. I finally sent it back to mossberg today they are going to fix it. But I wanted to save someone the hassle of trying to trouble shoot it. Of course do the basic steps of proper cleaning making sure there is no junk, but check the side of the firing pin that is hit by the hammer to see if it is "mushroomed" out. Hopefully I get it back before its time to hunt.

#3 ·
I have a buddy with one that does exactly the same thing. He had it worked on, shot once and went click on the second shot. Not saying mossberg won't end up fixing the problem, but my buddy is just going to sell his.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.