Duck Hunting Forum banner

Recoil pad???

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  billybob123 
#1 ·
I need a recoild pad on my 870 wingmaster LC. It came with a small pad 1/2 inch thick and no flex to it at all. Any advice to one that fits easy?

#2 ·
Most pre-fit pads will add a little more length to your gun. My advice would take it to a gunsmith and get the gun fitted to you with a new pad. Several good companies including Kick-Eez, Limbsaver and Pachmayr. A one inch pad gives more to recoil reduction than a one-half pad.

#4 ·
I've had extensive experience with the Kick-Eez, the Limbsaver, and the X-Coil.
I can heartily recommend both the Limbsaver and the X-Coil. Both of these units attenuate recoil to a remarkable degree.
The Kick-Eez looks nice but hardly affects felt recoil at all.

I understand the Remington (G3?) pads are pretty good, too. The Limbsaver can be purchased as a direct fit for the 870....P/N 10102.

#5 ·
The Remington 1100 G3 pads are very good at reducing recoil, I have both a 12 and 20 gauge in that particular gun and they kick less than any other shotgun I own. Im thinking about trying to buy one and putting it on my Winchester Super X1 duck gun.

#7 ·
A prefit Remington supercell pad would be my first choice for that gun. other than that I would go with Kick-EEZ. I custom fit Kick-EEZ pads to a lot of guns and I like working with their pads. I had a limbsaver on my SBE I and replaced it with a Kick-EEZ and love it. I just installed Kick-EEZ on a couple of youth guns too and the kids can tell a big difference in recoil over the factory pads. But again the new Remington Pads work better than most others I have tried.

#8 ·
Waterfowlhunter, can you tell me which kick eez pad is the best for my gun. It is the Wingmaster 870 LC model. It is 3" mag. and I can hardly handle hi brass 2 3/4 " shells now unless I am wearing heavy coats. I need the recoil pad that really will soften up the kick.

#9 ·
kbbgood said:
Water fowler, can you tell me which kick eez pad is the best for my gun. It is the Wingmaster 870 LC model. It is 3" mag. and I can hardly handle hi brass 2 3/4 " shells now unless I am wearing heavy coats. I need the recoil pad that really will soften up the kick.
I have arthritis and bursitis and bone spurs in my shooting shoulder and need surgery. That being said my 870 wingmaster magnum is outfitted with a limbsaver and I absolutely love it. I can shoot it and come away with zero pain even with 3# 1550 fps shells...oh yeah I'm nearly 60 and I hate recoil. Would definitely recommend the limbsaver either screw on or slip on, they both work excellent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.