Remington 11-48

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Remington 11-48

Postby MichiganMarv » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:33 pm

I have a Remington 11-48 (yes "48") spring recoil semi auto. The problem I have is the ejection lug rips thru the flange of the shell after I shoot and doesn't eject the round. I have to use a cleaning rod down the barrel to dislodge the shell.

This was my first gun I bought back in 1982. I don't want to hang it up on the wall forever.

Anyone have any ideas?
locked wings make me smile
MichiganMarv
hunter

Postby badandy970 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:05 pm

Have you took the barrel off an looked at the chamber to make sure that it doesn't have rust or corrosion in there. When the shell is fired it expands and gets hung up.

I would look at that and if it does then put you gun cleaning rod in a drill and us it to clean the chamber and polish it.
Semper Paratus
Final Approach Pro-Staff
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Duck Junkies Pro-Staff
Sitka AK. Ducks Unlimited
TEAM TRIPPLE H
TEAM BUSH QUACKED
badandy970@hotmail.com
badandy970
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MichiganMarv » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:13 pm

It is shiney clean, in the chamber and the barrel. I might have to buff the chamber with metal polish or emery cloth to open it up a little. I know the gun was made befor steel shot was on the scean, I would of thought that the higher power loads of today would have opened it up a little.
locked wings make me smile
MichiganMarv
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum