Protective dipping for SBE2????

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Protective dipping for SBE2????

Postby Honkers41 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:20 pm

I'm not having any trouble with my SBE2...and yes its Black, but i'm thinking about getting it dip in a protective coating and i don't want the camo ,i want the clear. anyone know any resources, i can look into...?thanks Honkers41
GUNS~UP~FEATHERS~DOWN~!
Love My Mossbergs!!
Honkers41
hunter

Postby dogseat2 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:18 am

go to macks they have some coating that is to be out of this world, something called under coat?
dogseat2
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:30 am

When a gun is dipped (camo) properly the final step is usually a PPG automotive grade Matte clear coat. You can get this at any automotive paint supplier or take the gun to your local body shop and have them shoot it for you. you would have to break it down, Remove all loose parts and degrease it or have them degrease it for you. then they can shoot it for you and have it back the next day.

But why do you need this? the finish on a Benelli is very good. My Black (HK version) never rusted even when accidently left in a wet case.

Hope this helps.

Let us know what you do and how it works out. :thumbsup:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby rgates72 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:55 pm

check out camosolutions.com. they do a bang up job and the owner, Don, is a stand up dude. They can do all kinds of patterns other than camo for you.
rgates72
Newb

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum