Duck Hunting Forum banner

Stuck gunsling

279 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  BaconBits 
#1 ·
So I'm trying to take off my gun sling for the first time in over a year and the bottom connector clip is rusted/stuck. Browning gun, Browning gun sling. I've tried gun cleaner and brushing the area, gun oil then bruising the area, just oil, banging it with a nail punch and hammer, and it doesn't move not even a tiny bit. Any tips?

#2 ·
I'm trying to upload a couple pictures but it says each pic is too large. I don't know how to resize photos taken on a camera. But it's the normal clip that attaches your gun sling to the nob on the gun. The part that goes thru the nob on the gun is rusted or stuck to the nob

#3 ·
Will it move at all? (swivel back and forth) If so, you should be able to work it back and forth and break it loose. If not, you can remove the sling from the magazine cap end of the gun and then unscrew the sling stud from your stock. Soak it in some kind of solvent, (kroil, liquid wrench, etc). Still no luck, get a new sling and stud.

#8 ·
Sorry guys I forgot about this post and just saw it...Ended up unscrewing the thing because it just wasn't coming off! Then made a new sling for it out of paracord, then over lapped the paracord with another run to bulk it up sort of like a shoulder pad. Trying to post a pic but forum says the image is too large (idk how to resize a pic on an iPhone)

Thanks guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.