Duck Hunting Forum banner

Remington 1187 bold failure to return forward

393 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  z51 
#1 ·
Today my hunting partners 1187 turned into a single shot. After firing a shell, the fired shell would eject, but the bolt would stay back and no shell was fed into the chamber. I've seen failure to feed issues involving the gas system malfunctioning, but this was strange. You can push the bolt forward with your hand to close it like there's nothing locking it back. If you want to fire another shell you have to push the bolt closed, cock it back, at which time a shell will lift into the chamber from the magazine, and then manually push the bolt forward to close it. Any help would be appreciated. I've never owned or fired a Remington 1187, but my buddy needs help.

#3 ·
Couple more things to check:

Had a few in that have taken a nasty trip down to mother earth causing a slightly bent action tube. It doesn't take much to cause drag on the action spring follower.

A broken link or bent/tweaked action bars dragging on mag tube will slow things up too. Lastly, the carrier dog or carrier dog rivet could be loose or danaged causing it to cant slightly.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.