Beretta Extrema2 - something's loose in the stock

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Beretta Extrema2 - something's loose in the stock

Postby mtl_duck » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:21 pm

Hello All,

Wanted to started off by wishing everyone happy duck hunting, whether or not it has actually arived in your state or country. It opened up this past Saturday in New Jersey...

I noticed late in the day yesterday, while afternoon hunting, that there was a rattling sound, like something about half the size of a pencil moving around, every time I brought my gun up. It sounded like it was in, or around, the butt of the stock. My gun is the 3.5 inch chamber, with kick-off. It waas heavily used last season, and relatively well used on clay birds in the off season. Probably have shot about 15-20 cases since I bought it 3 yrs ago.

I clean out the action and trigger mechanizsm after lots of shooting, but I've never dissassembled the stock. The book says not to dissassemble it, and I'd just like some advice before I bring it to a repair shop for it to be gone for 2+ weeks when I need it most, at the beginning of the season! Can I continue to fire it? Or should I hold off and let the repair guy check it out?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Anthony
duck hunting IS all its quacked-up to be!
mtl_duck
hunter

Postby DoubleBayou » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:34 pm

You can take the gel-tek pad off and then there is a hole in the Kick-off housing where you can look into the stock. shake it around and see what you find.

Removing the Kick Off is not hard at all. I will post up some instructions for installing it in a few minutes when I find them.
DoubleBayou
State Moderator

Postby DoubleBayou » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:39 pm

DoubleBayou
State Moderator

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum