Winchester 12ga 2 3/4"

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Winchester 12ga 2 3/4"

Postby pintail17 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:03 pm

Anyone know anyone that sells replacement parts for the Winchester 1400? I know that this gun has been long discontinued, but I have had this gun forever and would love to get it repaired and use it as a dove gun. The bolt is totally locked half way closed. I guess I would need a whole new bolt, trigger mech and safety.
pintail17
hunter

Postby Lil' Bear » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:32 pm

pop the pins that hold the trigger group and take a peek in , maybe shake it, only one thing should have to get replaced not all the peices. Something either broke, or a spring jumped from where it should be or there is a foreign object that locked it up. brownells, midway, jack first, numrich are for places get any part you might need. pm's are welcome

Kris
Lil' Bear
hunter

Postby msmall » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:51 pm

Those Winchesters were notoriouse for having the screw on the bottom of the bolt shearing off. I had one and what would happen is there is a screw that holds a plate on the bottom of the bolt, that plate holds the firing pin and firing pin spring in place, it would sheer off and lock the gun up. I had the broken screw removed twice and replaced with a new one. The second time they had to tap the bolt and place a bigger screw in it. Finally the 3rd time I just had them braise the plate onto the bolt. After that I just traded the gun in.
msmall
hunter

Postby Jarbo03 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:54 pm

I have a 1400 and have had similar problems. Mine was a small screw on the back side of the receiver holding a long strip spring, they like to come loose. Neumrich gun parts should have any parts needed, www.gunparts.com
Jarbo03
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum