beretta extrema 2 jamming on 3 1/2in shells...

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

beretta extrema 2 jamming on 3 1/2in shells...

Postby foldem' » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:39 pm

my buddy just got a new beretta extrema 2 and we went crane hunting and it jammed when shooting 3 i/2 shells. it shot 2 3/4 quail loads and 3 in duck loads fine. the first shell would shoot but then the second would get caught in mid-cycle and not put the shell in the chamber. does anybody know anything about this or know what the problem is or how to fix it? any input would be useful.
"A duck call is only as good as the man behind it." -Phil Robertson
foldem'
hunter

Postby goose2 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:25 pm

Did he take it completely apart and clean it and then lube it lightly. If he didn't do that then there is a good starting point. It is odd that it would eject the small stuff but not the big stuff. Mite have a problem with the gun if it is clean. :huh:
goose2
hunter

Postby Ghost R&S » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:16 am

Yes. Had the same problem with 3 1/2 Win XPERT. Had to send it to Accokeek MD. for repair. The springs need to be changed they were to light for the gun. How new is you gun? Mine was brand new only had 2 or 3 shots fired through it. Call Accokeek and send it to them if you can. I got mine back in about 2 1/2 weeks.
Ghost R&S
hunter

Postby foldem' » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:30 am

yea this gun was the same, only had half a dozen shells through it and they were also 3 1/2 in experts. so how much did it cost you? and by 'spring being too light' do you mean it just didnt have the force to push the second shell into the chamber?

thanks a lot! :thumbsup:
foldem'
hunter

Postby Ghost R&S » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:41 am

Correct the poundage of the spring is to light. I sent mine back through a dealer and it only cost me the shipping, wich was about $6-$10. I used Outdoor Outfitters before they merged with H&H gun range. I delt with Al. I would recomend going to your dealer and talking to them about the issue. Try to get them to ship it back for you its alot easier for you that way. If not let me know and I can point you in the right direction in maybe getting a dealer to help you out.
Ghost R&S
hunter

Postby foldem' » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:47 am

okay cool, thanks man!
foldem'
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum