NEED HELP WITH SHOTGUN

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

NEED HELP WITH SHOTGUN

Postby NCquakhead » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:12 pm

I have a Steven's Model 67 Pump gun. It's old and I don't have a book on it. Do anyone know if there is a choke that is compatable with it?
NCquakhead
hunter

Re: NEED HELP WITH SHOTGUN

Postby BADDUCK » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:18 pm

smokeeater wrote:I have a Steven's Model 67 Pump gun. It's old and I don't have a book on it. Do anyone know if there is a choke that is compatable with it?

Isn't that a fixed choke gun? Are you talking about having it threaded for a choke?
ARE YOU GONNA PULL THOSE PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE?
BADDUCK
Membership Temporarily Suspended

Postby NCquakhead » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:40 pm

not sure if its a fixed choke but it looks like it can be removed. It has 2 notches on the top.
NCquakhead
hunter

Postby BADDUCK » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:47 pm

smokeeater wrote:not sure if its a fixed choke but it looks like it can be removed. It has 2 notches on the top.

A quarter should fit the notches, try to unscrew it.
ARE YOU GONNA PULL THOSE PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE?
BADDUCK
Membership Temporarily Suspended

Postby waterfowlhunter » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:40 am

The Model 67 was available with a fixed choke, choke tubes and an adjustable choke.

these were made up until 1989 I believe and if I remember correctly, some used tru-choke and some used Beretta/Benelli style. You need to remove the choke and post a picture to make it easier to determine what it takes. I have even seen one with win choke in it which could have been a re-do but I can not say for sure.

What series is yours?
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby NCquakhead » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:34 pm

As soon as I can get the darn thing out I will post a pick. I have tried using a quater and a choke tool. I have not been able to remove it since a got it. I sprayed it down with lube last night so we will see what happens. Thanks again for the help and I will post a pic of the choke ASAP.
NCquakhead
hunter

Postby NCquakhead » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:52 pm

By the way I have a series E
NCquakhead
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum