Stoeger P350 Recoil System Question

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Stoeger P350 Recoil System Question

Postby Michigan Sniper » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:43 pm

:help: Does anybody have any experience with the Stoeger P350 recoil reducer? My brother is considering getting it and wants to be sure his money is well spent. Thanks in advance for your replies.
How many bluebills, cans, redheads, pintails, and black ducks can they shoot in Canada (and Mexico)?
Michigan Sniper
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:14 am

Is he looking at a factory recoil reducer or some other style? There are those that go in the stock and those that go on the end of the magazine tube. The mag tube versions help a bit more with muzzle jump but look odd sticking out under the barrel. They also change the center of ballance forward. The in stock recoil reducers help a bit too and both make the gun 8oz to 12oz heavier. The in stock ones shift more weight to the rear of the gun. both reduce "felt" Recoil a bit. I never notice recoil on my SBE when duck hunting but my SBE slug gun has the in stock version. I shoot a 385gr slug @ 2000fps and they KICK. In this application I noticed a big difference.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

In the Stock

Postby Michigan Sniper » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:30 am

Thanks for the information, waterfowlhunter. He's looking at the in the stock recoil reducer.
How many bluebills, cans, redheads, pintails, and black ducks can they shoot in Canada (and Mexico)?
Michigan Sniper
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum