Beretta AL391

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Beretta AL391

Postby Chesapeake Boy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:40 pm

My wife got an AL391 in.... 2000 or 01...???? I don't remember. It hs always had issues cycling. At first we thought it was packing grease... Not so... She used it primarily for trap...so multiple shot were not a concern.... This summer I put sure shot in it... at first I thought it fixed the problem... but it didn't. It appears as if the bolt binds/rubs on the shell carrier. It will hang up without a shell in the carrier Any ideas? I did see the post on bent Beretta carriers.

BTW- I called Beretta today... after being on hold for 10 minutes, I get a lady that knew nothing,and would only give me the address to send the gun bck to.... :thumbsdown:
Nothing like a bird in the hand and Chesapeake beside you with ice on his coat while the snow blows in from the north!
Chesapeake Boy
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:41 pm

Best bet on that is to sent it back if they offered to repair it. when you remove the triggergroup does it still feel like it is binding? does the bolt look or show and signs of binding on the sides or rails?
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Chesapeake Boy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:10 pm

Without the trigger assembly, the bolt slides perfectly. Beretta didn't offer to fix it... for free... :no:
Nothing like a bird in the hand and Chesapeake beside you with ice on his coat while the snow blows in from the north!
Chesapeake Boy
hunter

Postby Woodyard » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:20 pm

Do a Google search for Cole Gunsmithing in Maine and send them an e-mail about your problem. They are Beretta experts and usually are very helpful.
2011-12:
Mourning doves 49
Buck antelope 1
Buck mule deer 1
Mallards 97
Wood ducks 3
Greenwing teal 24
Bluewing teal 2
Ring necks 8
Pintails 3
Wigeon 1
Gadwalls 1