Replacement stock/foregrip for 870 SuperMag

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Replacement stock/foregrip for 870 SuperMag

Postby Dr. Gooseman » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:00 pm

I want to swap out the crappy work stock and foregrip on my 870 SuperMag. My first stop was Cabelas but there was note on the Remington 870 black replacement stock that said it won't fit 3 1/2 inch (SuperMag) guns. Oddly, the Remington camo stock that Cabelas carries DOES fit an Supermag.

I thought I heard somewhere (maybe here?) that all the 870 replacement stocks fit all--even the Supermags.

If this isn't the case, can someone point me in the right direction for a black synthetic replacement stock for an 870 supermag?

Thanks in advance.

-Glenn
Hunting is like sex... Even when it's bad it's still pretty good.
Dr. Gooseman
hunter

Postby BADDUCK » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:27 pm

ARE YOU GONNA PULL THOSE PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE?
BADDUCK
Membership Temporarily Suspended

Postby waterfowlhunter » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:59 pm

I can not find a reference to them being different, They might be but I have not tried to change the stock on a super mag yet. Try this link to Hogue. They list theirs to fit all 12ga 870's and they fit great. Also have the "grippy" feel. That is if you like that feel. http://www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/merchan ... =17&step=2

Bell and Carlson make some of remingtons factory stocks. you can Google them.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby vacuum6 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:06 pm

The bell and carlson site will give you a phone number. call them and they will give you the part number and direct you to one of their dealers where you can get a better price (they do not want to compete with their dealers on prices). I have done this with rifle stocks. i would be very surprised if this did not work. you can even order a stock with whatever length of pull, etc that you want.
vacuum6
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum