BPS trouble

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

BPS trouble

Postby trouttracker » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:41 am

When I shot my bps and eject the shell it does not release the second round to be loaded. But releases it late and drops out the bottom of the gun.
trouttracker
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:15 am

By releasing it late, Are you saying that it releases after you start to close the action? or do you open it all the way and then after a delay it releases a round from the magazine?.

Have you completely disassembled it including removing and cleaning the trigger group? It sounds like something is just sticking enough to cause an issue.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby trouttracker » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:29 pm

Releases it when I close the action
trouttracker
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:44 am

Sounds like the latch is just sticking. your best bet is to remove the trigger assembly, and completely disasemble the gun, clean it out the nside concentrating on the internally mounted items and then clean the trigger assembly really good. Blow it all out with compressed air (or those cans of air for cleaning a computer work great too) then lightly (VERY LIGHTLY) oil the moving parts where they touch. also oil the rails that the bolt sliede in.

It could just be old oil or dirt holding it up.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum