HAS ANYONE USED CAMO SOLUTIONS

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

HAS ANYONE USED CAMO SOLUTIONS

Postby DP » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:58 pm

I'M THINKING ABOUT GETTING MY 1187 DIPPED WHEN I GET BACK FROM IRAQ. HAS ANYONE USED CAMO SOLUTIONS?

http://www.camo-solutions.com/camo_patterns.htm

DP
CAMP TAJI, IRAQ
DP
hunter

Re: HAS ANYONE USED CAMO SOLUTIONS

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:48 pm

I had a Benelli and an X2 done by them, TOP NOTCH camo on par with the Benelli Factory finish, it is much better than remington, browning or mossberg factory finishes as I have not found a gun cleaner yet that will harm it. they not only use automotive grade primers but also a matte clear that seals it. My SP-10 is going in for camo after season as it takes them about 8 weeks to get it back to you. I am having it coated with their new anti slip (probably simular to duratouch) finish. It is hard to impress me with finishes on guns and I usually notice all the imperfections right away but they did a great job both times for me and I was impressed with the results. I tried Ganders and they not only broke my gun they had to try 3 times over 16 weeks to get the finish to stay on the gun and replace the entire trigger assembly. 2 times it came back with the finish already peeling off before I even picked it up and once looked like they clamped vise grips on the trigger guard a couple of times. I would not trust them dipping a thing for me.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby JWG » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Good to hear more about camo solutions. I too HAVE an SP-10 that is currently making its way to Evevning Shade,AR(as we speak). Though, not too exciting to hear about the 8 weeks part. But if your estimation is correct waterfowlhunter, I should be getting my goose gun back a couple to a few weeks before the geese get here. And don't get me wrong, I want it to be done right and thats what everyone has told me about these guys. What camo did you go with waterfowlhunter?
JWG
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:57 am

Mossy oak duck blind but I am going to try the mossy oak new shadow grass on the SP-10

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby quackillz » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:05 am

Another on is Color and Camo out of KY. Great people to deal with and about a 5 wk turnaround. I got mine done in MODB and a buddy in Max 4. They both looked Saweeeeeet!
My lab is smarter than your honor student
quackillz
hunter

Postby 12ganooby » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:37 am

Hey Guys
When you ship your gun to one of these camo aplliers do they provide you with a FFL copy? What about return shipment, do they have to ship to a FFL holder for you to get your gun back?
Thanks
fall on your knees in the muck guy
12ganooby
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:19 am

No Dealers or FFL involved, You ship it to them and they ship it back to you. Must be shipped with "over 18 Signature REQUIRED" both ways.

waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 12ganooby » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:17 pm

Thanks waterfowlhunter, sounds like the way to go if you want a good camo finish.
fall on your knees in the muck guy
12ganooby
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:57 pm

I have. He did an Beretta 390 20 ga for me. He does great work. My xtrema is being shipped to him tomorrow. Have him put the rubberized coating over the camo. Gives it a good tacky feeling and is deet resistant. I cant say enough good things about Don and camo solutions. I talked to him 2 days ago and they have an 8-12 week turnaround time. Here is my gun he did

whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby aeonstar » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:40 pm

i know it sounds crazy but check out the link to the DIY pain your shotgun post. I beat the snot out of my guns and this method holds up great and looks great.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36000
you can see my shotgun someplace in that post

Bill Wright
aeonstar
hunter

Postby DP » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:01 pm

Thanks for all of the info/feedback guys. I'm going to send it off when I get some R & R time in Oct. it'll be waiting for me when I get back from Iraq.

DP
CAMP TAJI, IRAQ
I'm old enough to know better, but still to young to care.
US Navy - 19 years and counting
DP
hunter

Postby Flyingbrass » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:47 pm

Yes. They did my 870 in MO Botttomland and it is great!
Flyingbrass
hunter

Postby WMTribe_Kicker » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:53 am

I sent in my beretta a400 xplor, and was pretty nervous since they were covering a wood finish. The wood was pretty, but I new that in the duck blind and goose pits I would absolutely ruin it, and the glare of that barrel was pretty intense. I tried the feel of the a400 extreme and just didn't like the feel of it, compared to the Xplor. Otherwise I would've just gone that road, but I liked the xplor too much, and fit and feel is the most important thing to me when it comes to picking a new shotgun. I camoed it in mossy oak duck blind and also did a clear coat of cerakote over the top of it.
I'll try to get some before and after pics for you guys to see!
Marsh Mutt Pro Staff
Low Tide Waterfowlers
WMTribe_Kicker
hunter

Postby Tripleseas » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:40 pm

You ever get pics of your unico?
Tripleseas
Newb

Postby talkinfowl » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:43 pm

Does the rubberized coating feel like dura touch? And will it hold up any better then the duratouch that's currently on my sx3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
talkinfowl
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum