Trying to repeal "don't ask don't tell"

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Trying to repeal "don't ask don't tell"

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:35 pm

rman114 wrote:What makes you think you will have this flight of straight soldiers right out of the military if this occurs?
What makes think they would not? It would only take a small percentage to leave the military worse off as a result. I never said flight. The gay population is 1-2% that means the straight population is 99%-98%. The potential pool of new recruits is small and the potential pool of lost recruits is large. Even the gay activist still claim it’s 19 to 1, but really is more like in the range of 99-50 to 1.

Just 1% loss of recruits from the straight pool and it is virtually impossible to expect you would make that up from the gay pool of potential recruits.

rman114 wrote: These same arguements were probably used when the army integrated blacks into the military in the late 40s. There was no flight from the military when that happened and that event was much more apparent.
They started out with segregated units. This proved that it was not just idiotic (my apologizes to Sarah for using a slur against the mentally handicapped), but it was counterproductive. This also corresponded with integration of sports, etc. There was no doubt about the mental and physical abilities of blacks.

Since we will never have gay units and gay sports, etc., it is not a good comparison. How can gay people prove them self? As you said, most will simply not advertise. A little tougher for a black guy to blend in.

Hey, if Obama wants to create an all gay unit in the vein of Tuskegee Airmen. I say go for it. Otherwise, I see a lot of potential downside and almost no potential upside. It’s always a bad idea to bet a lot when there is only a potential to win a little. You simply have to be right every time to come out ahead. It’s too big of a gamble in the middle of a war or as Obama says two wars. I’d like to know where he divides the two wars. Iraq and everywhere else. Where does Yemen, Somalia, … fit in. Maybe the rest is just criminal and not war.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby MacMan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:57 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
rman114 wrote:What makes you think you will have this flight of straight soldiers right out of the military if this occurs?
What makes think they would not? It would only take a small percentage to leave the military worse off as a result. I never said flight. The gay population is 1-2% that means the straight population is 99%-98%. The potential pool of new recruits is small and the potential pool of lost recruits is large. Even the gay activist still claim it’s 19 to 1, but really is more like in the range of 99-50 to 1.

Just 1% loss of recruits from the straight pool and it is virtually impossible to expect you would make that up from the gay pool of potential recruits.

rman114 wrote: These same arguements were probably used when the army integrated blacks into the military in the late 40s. There was no flight from the military when that happened and that event was much more apparent.
They started out with segregated units. This proved that it was not just idiotic (my apologizes to Sarah for using a slur against the mentally handicapped), but it was counterproductive. This also corresponded with integration of sports, etc. There was no doubt about the mental and physical abilities of blacks.

Since we will never have gay units and gay sports, etc., it is not a good comparison. How can gay people prove them self? As you said, most will simply not advertise. A little tougher for a black guy to blend in.

Hey, if Obama wants to create an all gay unit in the vein of Tuskegee Airmen. I say go for it. Otherwise, I see a lot of potential downside and almost no potential upside. It’s always a bad idea to bet a lot when there is only a potential to win a little. You simply have to be right every time to come out ahead. It’s too big of a gamble in the middle of a war or as Obama says two wars. I’d like to know where he divides the two wars. Iraq and everywhere else. Where does Yemen, Somalia, … fit in. Maybe the rest is just criminal and not war.

However, Gay sports are not out of the question - that might be right around the corner - heck, they had the Gay Olympics and was forced to change the name to Federation of Gay games. . . Pole vault was the cornerstone event!
<\\\><
MM
MacMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:05 pm

MacMan wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

However, Gay sports are not out of the question - that might be right around the corner - heck, they had the Gay Olympics and was forced to change the name to Federation of Gay games. . . Pole vault was the cornerstone event!

What about the shot put? :huh:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby MacMan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:12 pm

Too funny. . . LOL. . . :yes: and then there's always Handball. . .
<\\\><
MM
MacMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:27 pm

MacMan wrote:Too funny. . . LOL. . . :yes: and then there's always Handball. . .

Ping-Pong...just think what they can do with the paddles and -oh never mind... :no:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby MacMan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:33 pm

Barney Frank would say; Otayyyy you boyzz stooppitt.. .
<\\\><
MM
MacMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:48 pm

MacMan wrote:Barney Frank would say; Otayyyy you boyzz stooppitt.. .

What did Bwaney Fwank say to his new page??

Pantz hon the gwound!!
Pantz hon the gwound!!
Chezst on the Dezsk!!
Whit yur Pantz hon the gwound!!

:eek: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby MacMan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:40 am

Indaswamp wrote:
MacMan wrote:Barney Frank would say; Otayyyy you boyzz stooppitt.. .

What did Bwaney Fwank say to his new page??

Pantz hon the gwound!!
Pantz hon the gwound!!
Chezst on the Dezsk!!
Whit yur Pantz hon the gwound!!

:eek: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

HOLY MOLY - laughin' me arse off on this one. THAT'S FUNNY :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
:lol:
<\\\><
MM
MacMan
hunter

Postby Brydog » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:28 pm

Dat was pwetty gwoovy............Image
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:25 pm

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

New Army Unit

Postby goodkarmarising » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:25 am

I could not verify this with snopes.com . . .

-----Original Message-----

WASHINGTON (SR) - President Barack Obama has directed the Pentagon to replace the "don't ask, don't tell" policy with one that will allow openly gay men and women to serve in the military.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen, will present details of the plan to U.S. lawmakers next Tuesday.

According to sources inside the Pentagon, changes to be implemented include adding choreography to marching regimens, equipping all dorms with double-wide bunks, new fitted uniforms in seasonal color palettes, the installation of hot tubs, and more.

In a potentially controversial move, the Pentagon will announce the formation of a new all-gay, all male company tentatively named "69th Fighting Sodomites." Sources credit the creation of the 69th to House member Barney Frank, who has reportedly been working "very, very closely" with gay Pentagon officials

attach[4].jpg
attach[4].jpg (30.21 KiB) Viewed 354 times
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Re: New Army Unit

Postby MacMan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:57 am

goodkarmarising wrote:I could not verify this with snopes.com . . .

-----Original Message-----

WASHINGTON (SR) - President Barack Obama has directed the Pentagon to replace the "don't ask, don't tell" policy with one that will allow openly gay men and women to serve in the military.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen, will present details of the plan to U.S. lawmakers next Tuesday.

According to sources inside the Pentagon, changes to be implemented include adding choreography to marching regimens, equipping all dorms with double-wide bunks, new fitted uniforms in seasonal color palettes, the installation of hot tubs, and more.

In a potentially controversial move, the Pentagon will announce the formation of a new all-gay, all male company tentatively named "69th Fighting Sodomites." Sources credit the creation of the 69th to House member Barney Frank, who has reportedly been working "very, very closely" with gay Pentagon officials

attach[4].jpg

Freaking hilarious . . . We are all LOL here at work. Good post.
<\\\><
MM
MacMan
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:28 am

Only funny til it happens!
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:40 pm

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was a gut buster!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:34 am

MacMan wrote:However, Gay sports are not out of the question - that might be right around the corner - heck, they had the Gay Olympics and was forced to change the name to Federation of Gay games. . . Pole vault was the cornerstone event!

Gerbil Racing??....... :yes:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:43 am

What army would not flee in terror if they saw this charging over the hill?

SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:19 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:What army would not flee in terror if they saw this charging over the hill?

.................... :lol: Aww Gawd,..Spinnerman,..that's funny. I dunno' :huh: A part of me would want to run from it, but If I had enough ammo I'd have to try to stand my ground and fight under the premise of saving the planet from such an enemy/disease :biggrin:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Our next war hero

Postby goodkarmarising » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:48 am

ATT00020.jpg

Our next war hero....don't ask, don't tell!

PFC Barney Frank reporting for duty ...
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum