Snowdan

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Eric Snowdan

Poll ended at Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:36 pm

Patriot
100%
Enemy
No votes

Total votes : 3

Re: Snowdan

Postby cartervj » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:51 am

ACLU to Obama: ‘We are tired of living in a nation governed by fear’
BY: JOEL GEHRKE JUNE 23, 2013 | 3:38 PM

http://washingtonexaminer.com/aclu-to-obama-we-are-tired-of-living-in-a-nation-governed-by-fear/article/2532282

Vincent Yu/AP The American Civil Liberties Union is circulating a statement in response to the...
Under President Obama, the United States is “a nation governed by fear,” the American Civil Liberties Union says in an open letter that echoes the criticisms Obama has made of George W. Bush’s national security policies.

“[W]e say as Americans that we are tired of seeing liberty sacrificed on the altar of security and having a handful of lawmakers decide what we should and should not know,” the ACLU writes in a statement circulated to grassroots supporters and addressed to Obama. “We are tired of living in a nation governed by fear instead of the principles of freedom and liberty that made this nation great.”

It’s strange to read in light of Obama’s disavowal of Bush. “[T]oo often — our government made decisions based upon fear rather than foresight, and all too often trimmed facts and evidence to fit ideological predispositions,” Obama said in 2009. “Instead of strategically applying our power and our principles, we too often set those principles aside as luxuries that we could no longer afford. And in this season of fear, too many of us — Democrats and Republicans; politicians, journalists and citizens — fell silent.”

The ACLU is circulating that statement in response to the Justice Department’s efforts to prosecute Edward Snowden, who leaked information about the National Security Agency’s data collection programs before fleeing to Hong Kong (and now, Russia).

“We stand opposed to any attempt to treat Edward Snowden as a traitor,” the ACLU writes. "Snowden is innocent until proven guilty before a court of law and he must be afforded all of his rights as an American citizen. If he is brought to an American court, he must be afforded every opportunity to defend himself and convince a judge that what he did was justifiable and patriotic, even if he is charged with violating laws that themselves pose a threat to our democracy.”
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:40 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
slowshooter wrote:Let's play find Snowdan.

I say he's in Eastern Europe.

He will NOT be hartd to find. Any where he can grab a microphone he'll be there....anywhere he can get the attention of a newsman, he'll be there.....anytime he can grab a headline in a paper, he'll be there......Henry Fonda was cool playing a union rep, eh?

Because he knows if he fades from the spotlight a US asset will be there to quietly kill him.

Just pointing out what I thought was obvious.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:42 pm

WTN10 wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

He will NOT be hartd to find. Any where he can grab a microphone he'll be there....anywhere he can get the attention of a newsman, he'll be there.....anytime he can grab a headline in a paper, he'll be there......Henry Fonda was cool playing a union rep, eh?

Because he knows if he fades from the spotlight a US asset will be there to quietly kill him.

That is correct. He's not just attention whoring. He wants to stay alive.

What interesting is that he exposed 2 programs. Not one. And most folks can't tell the difference. Just out of sheer stupidity of the general public he will eventually be disappeared when everyone is distracted by Kim Kardashian's third baby - South North.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:46 pm

slowshooter wrote:South North.

I see what you did there.

:lol3:
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:56 pm

assateague wrote:
dudejcb wrote:
assateague wrote:Booz Allen, and very, very few contractors, will upgrade a clearance. It costs too much. They can simply hire someone who already has a TS SCI, and then will read them on for certain projects as needed. There really isn't a clearance above TS, for all practical purposes. There are code-word access programs, but they are simply granted to holders of a TS who have a need-to-know.

But nobody pays for one of their employees to get a TS if they don't already have one.

You didn't hear me.

I may not have. I was going off of this:

dudejcb wrote:My guess is Snowden got a security level background (check and) increase when he joined Booz Allen

I know that Booz Allen Hamilton (aka BAH) does exactly that. In fact I think if you look at the latest articles, you may see that Snowden counted on this, and sought a job with BAH to get the higher clearance so he could then gather info. Check the Huffington post article INSIDE JOB.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby assateague » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:30 pm

I know many, many people who work for BAH, and others who have applied (myself included). Aside from running the place sort of like an Amway franchise, they won't even talk to people with less than a TS. You may get read on for a certain project (that's the "SCI" part of a TS SCI), but there is no such thing as "upgrading" a clearance. A TS is as high as it goes. That's all I'm saying. As for HuffPo, I really couldn't care less what they call it. TS is the limit.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Look at all of us (Libertarians, conservatives and liberals) agreeing on something.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:36 pm

I disagree with that. :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Chilidawg » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:23 am

Edward Snowden secured a job with a US government contractor for one reason alone – to obtain evidence on Washington’s cyberspying networks, the South China Morning Post can reveal.

For the first time, Snowden has admitted he sought a position at Booz Allen Hamilton so he could collect proof about the US National Security Agency’s secret surveillance programmes ahead of planned leaks to the media.

“My position with Booz Allen Hamilton granted me access to lists of machines all over the world the NSA hacked,” he told the Post on June 12. “That is why I accepted that position about three months ago.”

http://m.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/articl ... sa?login=1

I hope he gets to spend the rest if his life at the Moscow airport.
Chilidawg
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:28 am

WTN10 wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

He's too high profile. They'll never kill him, even when he fades from the spotlight. It would be too obvious.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:18 am

vincentpa wrote:
WTN10 wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

He's too high profile. They'll never kill him, even when he fades from the spotlight. It would be too obvious.

That's what you think now, but plenty of people have their 15 minutes of fame and then you never hear their names again.

His notoriety will fade over time and he will find himself alone, they will get him, eventually.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:13 am

Chilidawg wrote:
Edward Snowden secured a job with a US government contractor for one reason alone – to obtain evidence on Washington’s cyberspying networks, the South China Morning Post can reveal.

For the first time, Snowden has admitted he sought a position at Booz Allen Hamilton so he could collect proof about the US National Security Agency’s secret surveillance programmes ahead of planned leaks to the media.

“My position with Booz Allen Hamilton granted me access to lists of machines all over the world the NSA hacked,” he told the Post on June 12. “That is why I accepted that position about three months ago.”

http://m.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/articl ... sa?login=1

I hope he gets to spend the rest if his life at the Moscow airport.

Small plane accident, car accident, accidental drowning, heart attack....... I can think of a lot of explainable deaths that can be caused in untrackable ways by certain "assets" of the US government.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:57 pm

assateague wrote:I know many, many people who work for BAH, and others who have applied (myself included). Aside from running the place sort of like an Amway franchise, they won't even talk to people with less than a TS. You may get read on for a certain project (that's the "SCI" part of a TS SCI), but there is no such thing as "upgrading" a clearance. A TS is as high as it goes. That's all I'm saying. As for HuffPo, I really couldn't care less what they call it. TS is the limit.

I already had clearance with my previous (DoD contract) employer doing what I still do now. When the contract was re-competed and awarded to BAH, and I migrated/rebranded to BAH, my clearance level was increased for the reasons I cited, even though i'm an energy guy and there's no need for any secrets in what I do ... in fact we're supposed to share what we do so others can follow suit.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby assateague » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:18 pm

How is a TS SCI "increased"?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:41 pm

assateague wrote:How is a TS SCI "increased"?

Add one. :biggrin:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:37 pm

assateague wrote:How is a TS SCI "increased"?
Is that what his clearance was with CIA prior to joining BAH?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby assateague » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:16 pm

Yes, according to the stories which were out.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:32 pm

ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:07 am

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:23 am

I missed the start of this subject. I find it EXTREMELY hypocritical their administration is trying to justify their actions. They can have access to anything they want to "protect" but their own information needs to stay protected. We always hear Obama talk about how we need to censor the internet and stop these "cyber terrorists" from stealing information and yet the government listens to phone calls, steal texts and emails, and even scans our mail so they know who we write letters to. I hope everyone trolls the crap out of them by searching google in Arabic, google image guns and explosives, and bookmarking certain anti government websites.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum