Gay Boy Scouts

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Gay Boy Scouts

Postby Underradar » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:38 am

So now the Boy Scouts admit gay kids? Why don't they tell them to join the Girl Scouts?
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Re: Gay Boy Scouts

Postby tmclaimerFL » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:41 am

Underradar wrote:So now the Boy Scouts admit gay kids? Why don't they tell them to join the Girl Scouts?

True story :hammer:
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby TXducksanddeer » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:34 am

I can't believe these liberals. They force their way into a private Christian organization and demand that they must follow their liberal laws. It is a sin to be gay. It's in the bible . If you are gay and you want to repent you can stop doing the sins and go to church. It's that simple.
TXducksanddeer
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:52 pm

Didnt we do this in the Army?
Dont ask. Dont tell.
Be vewy vewy kwiet.
Hunting wabbits.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby KaceyDucks » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:08 pm

TXducksanddeer wrote:I can't believe these liberals. They force their way into a private Christian organization and demand that they must follow their liberal laws. It is a sin to be gay. It's in the bible . If you are gay and you want to repent you can stop doing the sins and go to church. It's that simple.

Are you ****ing serious? I don't like most gay people myself but you are wrong on many points. The Boy Scouts is NOT a Christian organization. There are units sponsored by churches, synagogues, mosques, Sikh temples, and the list goes on. The boy scouts has made it to where any boy can come to a place that teaches morals, work ethic, and how to lead and work with others even if it is someone that you do not get along with. I am so tired of the "Sin argument."

One of my buddies who is both in the Army and in Scouts wrote the following.
All this gay BSA stuff is getting to me... The Army made the same change and we're no worse for it. I've known two gay soldiers, one male and one female, both highly intelligent. I served with one and knew the other after he served. I count her among the most competent officers I know and he exists among the most articulate, intelligent, humble cynics I have ever met.

So many justify their anger at the BSA based on a moral argument rooted in Christianity. Yet, Jesus ministered to all: even those that were spiritually and morally destitute. IF homosexuality were a sin it would be no greater a sin than any that I have ever or will ever commit. You are as hell bound as I am if you should cast stones at others for their sins for that is the mark of one who does not understand his own faith. Sin is sin.

I'm hell bound either way. I have no problem with gays in our out of scouting or the military. I have a problem with open sexuality of any sort in the workplace and in scouting. If you hate gays, you are a hatemonger of the garden variety and can go pretend to be moral and pious elsewhere; stay out of my organizations. You are a hypocrite, as Jesus called the Pharisees and the hyprocrites on the street corner, pointing at the sins of your brothers while feigning righteousness.

I have no use for hypocrites in the Army nor in Scouting."

Do you really think being gay is a choice? There is no way, this is due to a problem from birth for the majority of Gay people.

I am an eagle scout and have worked at scout camps both as paid staff and as a volunteer for years. This is not going to change the scouting movement and what they stand for. You still have to believe in a higher power for rank advancement. You still must make wholesome decisions, and sexuality whether gay or straight has never been something that is okay to just be talked about with kids.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants." -- Thomas Jefferson
KaceyDucks
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:01 pm

Kacey, were you kicked out of scouts?

UR they don't send them to Girl Scouts, they just encourage them to be wardens.
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby MattMontana » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Problem from birth? That needs splaining. Please do.
MattMontana
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Born gay? That is an urban legend based in political BS. The studies that have been performed have proven that a very small number of gay people are born that way. It is almost as much BS as the ideas pushed for percentage of the population in the US that is gay. It is a very small minority. Yet we act like they are some huge problem.

I am still trying to figure out why they are an issue at all. Sexual orientation is a choice for most of them. Let them live they way they want. Just don't keep shoving your lifestyle on my and mine since we chose not live that way.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby High Sierras » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:57 pm

TXducksanddeer wrote:I can't believe these liberals. They force their way into a private Christian organization and demand that they must follow their liberal laws. It is a sin to be gay. It's in the bible . If you are gay and you want to repent you can stop doing the sins and go to church. It's that simple.

What I can't wrap my head around is the fact that whatever your sexuality, straight, bent, or downright twisted up in knots, is not what the boy scouts has ever been about. I'd have just as much issue with the boys in the troop my son is in talking about what girl they wanted to screw, as what boy. The boy scouts isn't about what your sexual fetish is, it's about giving the boys a chance to learn about how to be a man, how to handle leadership, and getting out in the great outdoors. Sexuality has no part whatsoever in the program. Our troop has adopted the policy, and we won't ask anyone who joins ( we never did...), but if any of the boys decide to start some sort of tirade on the subject, they will be asked to leave on the grounds that talking about personal sexuality is not a part of the scouts, and has no place in our program.

As far as Christians only... the BSA allows boys from any religion to join. Only thing they ask is the boy believe in a Creator of some sort. Kaycee ducks is right, we have Muslim boy scouts as well.

The problem, as I see it, has a lot more depth. If you were a parent of, say, a 14 year old boy scout... would you want him sharing a tent on an overnight campout with another teen age boy who openly professes to be gay? Putting yourself in the place of a 12 - 15 year old scout, would you want to be stuck for a night in the same tent as the one guy in the troop who talks constantly about how gay he is? Would you want to endure the ribbing the other scouts are going to dish out on the boy that had to sleep with the gay guy the next day??? Does the troop have to now segregate the boys into tents based on sexual preference? How do they do that without getting a discriminatory lawsuit slapped on them? So much for brotherhood.

I still say that in the next few years, the Boy Scouts are going to see a massive decline. From what I've seen, members of the Mormon Church represents about 60% of the adult membership. All those leaders, and all that training, are going to leave en masse. Not tomorrow, but as their sons age out or eagle out, they will drop out... who's going to fill that void? I'm not talking about the dads like me who run the program at the troop level, I'm talking about who's going to step up and be the district level executives, who's going to run the summer camp programs, the high adventure bases, who is going to run the national programs? A lot of those men have volunteered literally years of their lives to the promise of scouting. I genuinely doubt if there are any gay 'dads' willing to step up to that level of volunteerism.

The whole homosexual agenda to get gays in the BSA wasn't to give gay boys the same 'rights' as straight boys, it was to destroy the BSA as an organization that taught boys about morality, about a sense of right from wrong, about how it's alright to stand up for your beliefs, even if those beliefs are mocked by those with an agenda.
High Sierras
hunter

Postby High Sierras » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:09 pm

KaceyDucks wrote:Do you really think being gay is a choice? There is no way, this is due to a problem from birth for the majority of Gay people.

I am an eagle scout and have worked at scout camps both as paid staff and as a volunteer for years. This is not going to change the scouting movement and what they stand for. You still have to believe in a higher power for rank advancement. You still must make wholesome decisions, and sexuality whether gay or straight has never been something that is okay to just be talked about with kids.

So if homosexuality is not a choice (I believe it is...), then what is it?

Is it genetic then? does it not seem logical that that trait would have been bred out of the population centuries ago?

Is it a mutant gene thing? No one wants to talk about themselves as mutants (unless it comes with cool super powers).

Was it learned? Possibly.

Was it encouraged by ones peers? Possibly.

Was it encouraged by ones parents? Sounds twisted to be sure, but entirely possible.

Bottom line, regardless of how you choose to swing in the bedroom, it's high time in America that we ALL stand up and tell everyone to shut the h33l up about how you get off. It's not a right to talk about your junk and how you use it. Those who can't shut up about how gay they are, and have to parade their fetish out in public for everyone else to have to endure, are doing it for the attention, nothing more.
High Sierras
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:41 pm

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

So in your mind Kacey, do you believe that God damns people even before their first breath? Or is it a choice and temptation that God puts in front of everyone (some more than others)? Lots of gays say it is how they were born, I doubt that. Just like I was taught how to act with manners and be polite in person (I'm actually a really nice guy outside the internet :biggrin: ) by my grandparents and parents. It's how I was taught and raised, not something I was born with. Many parents say f*** it and let their children grow up and be immoral, rude and just plain disgusting and not blink twice. It is a lifestyle choice, some just have the temptation, whether they give in is what changes their life. Same as drugs, alcohol and, losing your temper and committing murder. It all starts with a good, strong moral base.
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby joemc » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:58 pm

this is just another reason why our country is going down hill. its a mental issue, gays should be treated like insane murderers, put em in a insane asylum. :thumbsup:
TEAM FOWL ADDICTION
2013/14 season
deer-3
woodies-1
ruddys-14
canvasback-2
Canada geese-16
turkey-2 big toms
joemc
hunter

Postby Specklebelly » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:05 pm

sampsonhuntin wrote:Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

I am a hard core Christian and hate the gay lifestyle. However, I have read the bible enough to know that no sin is worse than any other. In fact there are several examples that show that he without sin should cast the first stone. The good news is Jesus sacrificing himself for us eliminated all the laws required in the Tora (old testament), that is why we all eat ham sandwiches but the pre B.C. Jews were forbidden to.

I am also an Eagle Scout with all three Palms. I am sad to say that Boy Scouts is over as far as I am concerned and I agree with this statement 1000%:

The whole homosexual agenda to get gays in the BSA wasn't to give gay boys the same 'rights' as straight boys, it was to destroy the BSA as an organization that taught boys about morality, about a sense of right from wrong, about how it's alright to stand up for your beliefs, even if those beliefs are mocked by those with an agenda.

A friend of mine has been involved and volunteered for over 50 years to the BSA. His days are numbered now, which is sad on all parts.

I do not go around flaunting that I am straight. I wish the people who play for the other team would do the same.

I miss my country.
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:15 pm

sampsonhuntin wrote:Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

So in your mind Kacey, do you believe that God damns people even before their first breath? Or is it a choice and temptation that God puts in front of everyone (some more than others)? Lots of gays say it is how they were born, I doubt that. Just like I was taught how to act with manners and be polite in person (I'm actually a really nice guy outside the internet :biggrin: ) by my grandparents and parents. It's how I was taught and raised, not something I was born with. Many parents say f*** it and let their children grow up and be immoral, rude and just plain disgusting and not blink twice. It is a lifestyle choice, some just have the temptation, whether they give in is what changes their life. Same as drugs, alcohol and, losing your temper and committing murder. It all starts with a good, strong moral base.

sampson, who wrote that? when? :lol3:
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:18 pm

i'm an eagle, with three palms (much respect specklebelly), i am not gay, i dont care. i put that above anything else i have ever earned in my life.

gay does not mean pedophile. straight does not mean good role model.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:23 pm

ohioboy wrote:

That just went over my head. :help:

Prison Is My Futre

sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:19 pm

I feel like I'm in Somalia....watching skinnies chase an arsenic laden donut down a hill.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby rank duck » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:20 pm

This is the best troll thread EVAH! :lol3:
- THIS SPACE FOR RENT -
rank duck
hunter

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:21 pm

joemc wrote:this is just another reason why our country is going down hill. its a mental issue, gays should be treated like insane murderers, put em in a insane asylum. :thumbsup:

Why? How are gay people hurting you by being gay? I think gayism is an abomination and I don't think it is right, but I also don't think people should be told how they have to live. This country was founded upon freedom, and I am sure there were gays who fought in the revolutionary war. What is making this country go downhill is not allowing people of all kinds to participate in activities which they would like to. Nosy @****** like yourself are what is making this country go downhill. What two consenting people do wit each other is none of anyone else's business to tell them they can't do.
ScaupHunter wrote:Oompa Loompa Loofah de do. Who wants to share a Loofa with you?
ducks~n~bucks
McLovin

Postby ohioboy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:59 pm

sampsonhuntin wrote:
ohioboy wrote:

you quoted the bible. so, who and when. that clear?
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:09 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Born gay? That is an urban legend based in political BS. The studies that have been performed have proven that a very small number of gay people are born that way. It is almost as much BS as the ideas pushed for percentage of the population in the US that is gay. It is a very small minority. Yet we act like they are some huge problem.

I am still trying to figure out why they are an issue at all. Sexual orientation is a choice for most of them. Let them live they way they want. Just don't keep shoving your lifestyle on my and mine since we chose not live that way.

studies? do tell.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:11 pm

is sex in the bible and if so for what purpose?
ohioboy
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:26 pm

ohioboy wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:
ohioboy wrote:

Moses wrote that pre-BC. That clear?

Prison Is My Futre

sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:40 pm

sampsonhuntin wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:
ohioboy wrote:

Moses wrote that pre-BC. That clear?

before i say anything, i am not religious. call me a skeptic, sinner, ******. all are probably true at times. ok, here you go. http://www.gaychristian101.com/Leviticus.html i would love to know your thoughts on this gem i just found.

oh, almost forgot. you really think Moses wrote those exact words? just curious.

and from that it appears lesbians are ok?
ohioboy
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:00 pm

ohioboy wrote:
before i say anything, i am not religious. call me a skeptic, sinner, ******. all are probably true at times. ok, here you go. http://www.gaychristian101.com/Leviticus.html i would love to know your thoughts on this gem i just found.

To be honest, it is a biased website for gays to try and defend their lifestyle when it is morally wrong.

ohioboy wrote:oh, almost forgot. you really think Moses wrote those exact words? just curious.

Exact? No. Close? Yes.
ohioboy wrote:and from that it appears lesbians are ok?

Read this, plenty of other verses and chapters quoted besides Leviticus.
http://carm.org/bible-homosexuality

Prison Is My Futre

sampsonhuntin
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum